• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No, because I do not dry camp. I am always in an rv park. But if I did dry camp I would try to find one if I had to travel very far. Just dont want that much crap traveling with me if you know what i mean. The pun was intended.

I dont know never used a "googeneck" before.:lmao2::lmao2:I am sure you meant goose neck, but iam still laughing at that one. I dont know what a skeleton goose neck is and I would be afraid to tell someone to saw off a hitch with out seeing what we are talking about. I have only towed my rv's with a 5th wheel hitch and hauled some small const equipment on my receiver hitch(generators and such).

Yup, clumsy fingers strikes again. Yes, goose neckSince I don't have mobile internet, I'd have to locate a dumping station before the trip starts. I have a local campground & dumping station within a mile of home. I have seen HD trailers (in one case a construction equipment trailer) converted to a goose neck by a skilled welder.

• Staff

It can be a bit of work to put in your own rv dump but, now that I have one, I would never go without . It makes it very convenient to dump at home and some rv dumps are very gross :ashamed::sick:

After I bought the trailer, we made a couple of 400 mile trips (each way) to see my bro in upstate NY. We were able to dump at the City of Rome facility next door, so did not have this problem. Towed like a dream. There's only so much one can do with a weight distributiting hitch. Can't make it into a gooseneck of fifthwheel. In this case we didn't know we had a problem... didn't know about the weight shift problem.I found the tank specksfresh water 100 gal (834#) centered over axlesgrey water 45 gal (375#) 8' in front of axles black water 45 gal (375#??) 15' in front of axlesSo the magnitude of the issue is the weight shift of - 834# off the axles, to + 375# 15' in front of the axles. In a former life, I'd balance boat trailers by measuring tonge weight & moving axles which is not possible here. I had previously balanced my stock trailer for 2 horses in the rear with weight forward. There's just not cargo to move. I'm thinking of adding 400# of balast weight to the rear. By the time we get packed up & on the road, there's no way of knowing where to dump or if the people would be willing to... might end up to be after hours... it's happened before.