• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Might be buying a 3rd gen

• Owner

Just remember six CR injectors are worth the same as three VP44 injection pumps. The only weakness CR engine have are the injectors hanging up and spraying down the cylinder walls with fuel till it has some serious blow by. If you do buy a CR truck make sure to beef up the fuel filters and run good quality diesel fuel. Avoid using any fuel additives with CR's if you can unless its a high quality fuel lubricant or cycle oil (200:1 Ratio).

• Like 1

Just remember six CR injectors are worth the same as three VP44 injection pumps. The only weakness CR engine have are the injectors hanging up and spraying down the cylinder walls with fuel till it has some serious blow by. If you do buy a CR truck make sure to beef up the fuel filters and run good quality diesel fuel. Avoid using any fuel additives with CR's if you can unless its a high quality fuel lubricant or cycle oil (200:1 Ratio).

This^^^^^^!!!:thumb1: I've been doing the 2 stroke thing for 7 years now in my '04.5. Just over 170,000 on the clock and the injectors are still doing their job!!!! I run 1/2oz 2 stroke per 1 gallon of diesel......and have been at that ratio for years. For me that winds up being 16oz. of 2 stroke per fill up. Normally my truck takes 31-32gallon of diesel at fill up. I'm not real anal about being exact on the 2 stroke thing, as my truck runs just as good on a doubled ratio!!!! The extra filtration is a must due to the tolerances and the pressures these CR truck are designed for. I have one of the early '04.5 trucks, and I've had no injector problems. IMHO, that gets overblown by guys that modify their truck "stupidly"!!!!! Usually on advice from a place Mike and I used to frequent!!! So don't let injector fears keep you from this truck if you truly want it. My bud with a stock '03 replaced his injectors at like 240,000 miles. He used to tow with that truck more often than I do with mine!! He's at almost 330,000 miles now. I'm only at 170,000 now.............hopefully I've got a couple more years before injectors become a concern!! If ever!!:pray:
  • Like 1

I'm at 350,000 on my stock injectors on my 06. I tow a lot and heavy loads. Was demoing a new scanner the other day, and found I have 2 injectors going out!!! So I wouldn't be scared to buy it! Have any questions call me.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...