• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best Power-adder w/o VP44 wire tap

• Owner

Well if your not wanting to tap the wire... I would say go for injectors and a Smarty. If you really want to kick in high geear then look for a Hotrod VP44 and go for 75 HP injectors... Then you'll make some serious power without tapping... But if you deside to come back to tap the wire I would suggest you use a Stealth Plate. It a perfect add on that basically uses a needle set screw then pierces the plastic under the lid of the VP44 and gets a water proof tap.

Some bigger injectors and either a Smarty or an Edge Comp. The setup on my truck makes enough power to easily slip the stock clutch. You should add a South Bend clutch to your list. Eventually I will install one in mine. For now, I only have about 64,000 miles on my truck and I am NOT gonna replace a perfectly good clutch just yet. I just have to be real easy on the power when pulling a load or carrying any amount of weight. Running empty, the clutch holds good.

• 3 weeks later...

with the HO you will not see a full 65HP out of an EZ or similar, plan on about 40-50HP as the HO will respond better to injectors. If you have 150K+ on your injectors I would do them, if not a chip. Lots of people have them laying around like me from a previous upgrade. You can pick them up all day long for $200.plan on slipping your clutch at about 100-140HP over stock. MPG will be same as stock for 100HP inj and under, and at 150HP you should lose about 0.5mpg

Lets hear your ideas? Injectors (RV275), Edge Ez, Powerpuck, Smarty, Quad, Etc... Just looking for a little extra for towing. I will be adding a 4in exhaust before end of year.

If for towing, get a nice header to peel heat quicker. Adding fuel will just heat things up in a jiffy... Also, think about at minimum a Raptor if you are running the stock lift pump. Anything over stock will kill it. After this, throw some 75 - 100hp sticks in there and if budget allows, look at a Smarty or Edge.... My next turner will be the Smarty so I can get the high idle set up.....