• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello, I have a 02 Ram 2500 with the cummins H.O. 6 speed RWD. I have done the BHAF mod, free flowing 4" exhaust with glasspack, and I just got a superchips max microtuner (got it for a steal). Would my truck be a good candidate for a boost fooler? From what I have seen and researched this would be a good next modification for my truck. Just wondering if this would be safe and effective? I have heard this would gain 10-50 hp depending on mods so I'm huessing mine would be in the 10-15hp range but maybe up to 40-50lbs-tq. Any advice?

• Owner

SuperChips should be a boost fooler anyways like a Smarty. So there is no need for a boost fooler. But you'll need to get a adjustable boost elbow so you can increase the boost of the turbo (This is for manual truck with a HX35W Turbo). If you got a HY35W Turbo (Automatic) then you would use a J Hook to control the wastegate.

Ok, now I'm a bit confused. I have an auto and a boost fooler. I made a boost elbow and put it in place of the existing elbow. I turned my set screw almost all the way in and now I can hit 25psi. I was only able to hit 17 without the elbow. I was under the impression that the boost elbow is all I/we needed. It reduces pressure thus preventing the waste gate from opening or opening early. So I'm not sure what the J hook is used for? How is the standard different from the auto turbo? I thought we all had that turbo pressure line going to the waste gate?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, now I'm a bit confused. I have an auto and a boost fooler. I made a boost elbow and put it in place of the existing elbow. I turned my set screw almost all the way in and now I can hit 25psi. I was only able to hit 17 without the elbow. I was under the impression that the boost elbow is all I/we needed. It reduces pressure thus preventing the waste gate from opening or opening early. So I'm not sure what the J hook is used for? How is the standard different from the auto turbo? I thought we all had that turbo pressure line going to the waste gate? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The manual trucks have an HX35W. The auto trucks have a smaller, less efficient HY35. The J-Hook is used to hold the wastegate closed, period. :)