• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Idle issue: after injectors and Raptor 150 install... ITS BACK!

Ok thought I had resolved my Startup Idle issue... If you watch the video the second startup is what i am talking about... the first start it barley did it the last start was normal...

This behavior can happen at anytime... cold engine starts, hot engine starts... sometimes have to crank for a for or five seconds and it will startup then do it... other times like in the video link below it starts easy and does it... the weird thing is... it does not do it all the time... The truck did not do this at all before the new injectors and lift pump... other then that I think it runs great...

The link below is the idle issue... second start up... a little on the first...:banghead:

https://vimeo.com/49471434

The link below is how the truck performs in spite of the idle issues

https://vimeo.com/49302466

YOUR thoughts and comments welcome! :pray: thx

99 Ram 2500 4x4, Auto, QCab longbed: Edge CTS juice/attitude, afe Stage II cold air, Raptor 150, Industrial Injection 85's, 5" MBRP turbo Back...

I cant say as to why it is happening but mine will lope a little mostly on a cold start up. Not always just occasionally. It started doing it after I installed RV275's. The idle dropped just a little also. It does so little I have never given it much concern, figured it was because of the differant injectors.After the install I noticed mine was a little smokier, but never paid that much attention to it. Mine is now smokier thatn yours and my boost pressure is off a few pounds. Pretty sure I have a boost leak somewhere. I just cant get home long enough to fix it. What kind of injectors did you install?

I cant say as to why it is happening but mine will lope a little mostly on a cold start up. Not always just occasionally. It started doing it after I installed RV275's. The idle dropped just a little also. It does so little I have never given it much concern, figured it was because of the differant injectors.

After the install I noticed mine was a little smokier, but never paid that much attention to it. Mine is now smokier thatn yours and my boost pressure is off a few pounds. Pretty sure I have a boost leak somewhere. I just cant get home long enough to fix it. What kind of injectors did you install?

I put new Industrial Injection 85hp's... it had stock...

- - - Updated - - -

Were these new injectors pop and flow tested to ensure consistency???? Is the fuel return rate normal??? What's the condition of your VP44??

Don't see how a Raptor fuel pump system could cause this unless the electrical is hinkey.

Brand new Industrial Injection 85's... Not sure if they pop or flow tested them as part of there quality assurance before they ship them...

How do I troubleshoot the fuel return rate?

I think the VP44 is ok... I did not have this idle behavior with the stock injectors and I have not gottin any diagnostics codes...

- - - Updated - - -

Cant help with your idle issue but good Lord, that is a huge display on your windshield!:wow:

HA HA it is not really that big... I used my GoPro camera it has a wide angle lens...

I'm going to say its a air leak in the quick connectors of the Raptor very very common issue. I just got done with a member here last night on the phone trying to figure a stall issue and most likely a air leak on the suction quick connector. :whistle:

So your saying they are finding its pulling in air at the tank connection and then air is getting into the fuel system...? What are they doing to test or fix that theory? thx Mike :smart:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did the last resort to see if my IDLE issues would go away... I put my Original stock injectors back in and NO more loping, rough Idle, hard starts or stalling...! :party018: The only thing I will missing is the "on demand smoke" that the 85hp injectors provided... but i much rather NOT have the issue that they brought with them... (MY VP44 for whatever reason just flat out does not like them) I took apart and cleaned the stock injectors before putting them back in. Starts up instantly... Idle a solid 800rpm and when I dial up the Edge I can get some BLACK on launch.... the trucks happy and so am I :thumbsup: thanks for all you guys HELP... I've learned alot :party018:

I'm going to say its a air leak in the quick connectors of the Raptor very very common issue. I just got done with a member here last night on the phone trying to figure a stall issue and most likely a air leak on the suction quick connector. :whistle:

Why would they use quick connectors??? Most QDs seal on pressure. This is why I don't buy after market kits. I can usually build my own quality mods for less money.