• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which Brake Pads... need to hear your experiences

JAG1

• Owner

Cheaper the better. The more money or expensive the more metallics they add to the pads or shoes. I buy the absolute cheapest. I don't get wrapped up in hype of brand names or anything. I look at this way Dodge got the lowest bidder tof brake pads who ever they were and mine lasted 185K miles with a exhaust brake. Only needed a light rotor turn to bring them back to true. So around 370K miles I'll do it again. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to keep in mind is there is a trade off of sorts with brake pads. The "cheaper" pads will not last as long as the expensive ones, BUT with the harder the pads the more the rotors wear.

• Staff

One thing to keep in mind is there is a trade off of sorts with brake pads. The "cheaper" pads will not last as long as the expensive ones, BUT with the harder the pads the more the rotors wear.

Tom, That is my thought too... to have less rotor wear as they are getting expensive. With me having a clean driving record I don't speed so I'm not hard on brakes.