• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EMP

jlwelding

The only things that would work afterwards would be manual 12 valves. You could simply push the shutoff solenoid up, push it down a hill and it would run just like usual, except with no gauges. In other words, my truck is invincible! Just need several people to push :lmao:

• Owner

The power to be seem to leak out the thought of nuke being used somewhere and possibly knocking out all the electronics. I don't really even worry about this. Because everything electronic would be destroyed and leave the country like 1800's all over again. Now if your panicking and want to protect a second ECM, PCM, etc electronics for you truck its rather simple. I remember watching a youtube video. All you got to do is buy a steel trash can and place everything you want in the can to be protected from EMF. This not the same video but close enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23iXhEiQUc

The power to be seem to leak out the thought of nuke being used somewhere and possibly knocking out all the electronics. I don't really even worry about this. Because everything electronic would be destroyed and leave the country like 1800's all over again. Now if your panicking and want to protect a second ECM, PCM, etc electronics for you truck its rather simple. I remember watching a youtube video. All you got to do is buy a steel trash can and place everything you want in the can to be protected from EMF. This not the same video but close enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23iXhEiQUc

You would be making whats called a faraday cage... which really makes me wonder about how effective an emp would be against some things. Some trucks might be okay, I wonder if the bodies and even a grounded metal building would act as a faraday cage if properly grounded. I haven't seen any good evidence of how much energy will actually be reflected in an EMP... If anybody has any numbers, please share!

good point. If a trash can can bounce those inpulses back, could a truck do the same? maybe there is a ground system that goes along with the trash can??

hmmmm, going back to the 1800's?? might be just what this Country needs! ( a 're-start' button?)

In a simple circuit, what exactly is destroyed when hit? do wires melt off? windings in motors evaporate?:shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

The only things that would work afterwards would be manual 12 valves. You could simply push the shutoff solenoid up, push it down a hill and it would run just like usual, except with no gauges. In other words, my truck is invincible! Just need several people to push :lmao:

And then drive like hell!! (to shake off the 'pushers' that held on!!).... unless momma is pushing!

Que music: Flight of Valkyrie... as a roaming band of 12v's travel the land.....

• Owner

Give you an idea. My shop in nothing more than a concrete brick building with a metal roof. I can get 101.1 FM in the yard with the truck radio. Back in the shop forget it its gone. Even my fire radio go into the shop and try to transmit not going to happen. Even using my cordless phone is really spotty weak and I must be careful or it will hang up. Even have a steel garage door too.Now the main house is mostly stick build on a concrete basement but there is no issues EMF wise here. So if my truck was parked over in the shop it would have a better chance of survival against EMF than the main house garage.Then I look at the terrain I live in. Most all RF energy is line of sight so more than likely there would only be a small part of energy ever to make it the bottom of this canyon. The canyon wall on both sides (east and west) are roughly 6,000 to 7,000 feet tall I'm at a low of 2,800 feet. Kind of like a fold of a book. :whistle:

good point. If a trash can can bounce those inpulses back, could a truck do the same? maybe there is a ground system that goes along with the trash can??

hmmmm, going back to the 1800's?? might be just what this Country needs! ( a 're-start' button?)

In a simple circuit, what exactly is destroyed when hit? do wires melt off? windings in motors evaporate?:shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

And then drive like hell!! (to shake off the 'pushers' that held on!!).... unless momma is pushing!

Que music: Flight of Valkyrie... as a roaming band of 12v's travel the land.....

Think a reset button sounds fun? Go read 1 second after. Good book. Scary.

ISX:I guess we could always rig up an air-starter! (for the days when willing people to push start arent available) I really thought those would been seen on-the-street more these days for the "gotta-have-something-different-crowd"PSShhhhssssss.... then a 60,000 rpm rotor flies into action! Innocent unsuspecting bystanders really JUMP!

I already looked into the air start thing maybe a year ago. It would be a lot better on my ford since I could hook the air compressor in the garage up to it as it sits there trying to start for the usual 2 minutes :doh: The chance of an EMP just floating by our radar though......I'm not seeing it. Though I could see them lighting one off above Mike since not many people live there and they need a testing area :lmao:

Posted Image Firing that up sure would get the chickens a cackling... and really ____ off the neighbors~ Good find Mike:thumbup2:

Ingersoll-Rand air motor^^^ just a touch longer than our oem starters. I'd have to look around to see where cummins originally mounted the air compressor... belt or direct drive? (usually off the 1/2 speed cam drive/injector drive).

then carrying around about 30 gallon tank to hold your air

• Owner

Cummins ISB engines have a air compressor that mounts in the vacuum/power steering hole. I got a guy in Louisana that is building a P-pumped 24V with a air compressor in a Dodge body. Yes. It does all fit under the hood. :wow:He's got to use a another means for a vacuum pump now but power steering and air compressor.