• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck got stolen this morning.....I'm lost

How did they get it if nothing is broken? Great that you got it back though! Couple people survived another day :lol:

http-~~-//youtu.be/DapVfZUoPRQ

'jeep Gangstaville'... :lmao: yah, I'll bet the 'thugs' in the shadows around there all have 'Jeep' tatto'd on their forearms.. I did the exact same thing to my '77 chev C20.. the key/gear/pushrod to switch was all balled up, and I took the actual switch (similar to what you show) with a sheet metal screw into the lower dash. A bent welding rod was my 'key'.. I was too cheap to spring for a new lock mechanism...

Good for you! Thats gotta be a great feeling! You got alot luckier than I did, thats for sure! I got mine back as well, but in much different form. They dumped 5 gallons of gas on it and torched it ina field, property owner saw the smoke and went to investigate, by that time it was burned to the ground. Of course, I didnt want to tell you that earlier, you were already down enough!By the way, I bet you pull your keys next time! :whistle:

• Owner

Here is another form of security for my truck and most people just leave it alone...post-2-138698194589_thumb.jpgNot many people want to take on a smiling Dobbie... :lmao2::lmao:This is Diesel's favorite place to be. You say the words "Truckin'" and he's all wound up and ready to bail into the truck. Both trucks are setup for him and he doesn't mine the confinement he's just enjoys the ride.Alway love it when I get to the tire shop and the guy takes my keys. I'm thinking "Go ahead..." so he walks out to the truck and typical they come walking back because there is a Dobbie smiling back...

• Like 1

Yeah the area is getting rougher. It was always so nice here. All the keys were always left in every ignition. There's 4 vehicles in my yard they could have taken. We lived here for 10 years and never had an issue and in this area for 34. We even have 3 big dogs outside, but apparently they were on coffee break this morning. When my inlaws from Edmonton come here for my kids birthday parties they lock their vehicles in our yard in broad daylite out of habit. I think I'll be doing the same from now on. Tomorrow I'm insuring it to the hilt. In the end, my wallet is gone and all my I.D. and all my oilfield safety tickets. But my baby is home and locked in the shop.... It really was a good thing I didn't have the pump tapped yet, I have the comp set on 2x5 and the roads are icy, I was slipping around coming home while I was checking out how the engine ran. If it was set higher those punks would have wrote it off. Talk about a rollercoaster day, it feels like 3 days have gone by since 5:30 this morning.

Sometimes the least susceptible areas become targets to those who can figure out how easily they can get away with it. I mean you walk over, get in, start it and go.. My parents live in the boondocks where any action at all is out of the ordinary so you notice it like a sore thumb. However, one day 2 guys went to an old man's house down the road, tied him up and went through all his stuff.. The houses are all 1/10th mile apart minimum so it's not like anyone would hear him or really notice anything, it's a perfect target. Now you know perfect targets can be acted upon lol. They mighta dumped it because the power scared them. Probably stole a powerstroke and were more keen to it's more tolerant power levels :lmao:

Zuki... Question for you how did the thieves start your truck? hot wire? Break the ignition lock? Etc... :shrug:

They turned the key, they were either in the ignition or sitting in the t-case shifter boot....I know I know. Every vehicle had the keys in it. That stuff just didn't happen here. NEVER AGAIN:nono:

Eh, if you were in a neighborhood where everyone locked their cars they would just bring a jimmy and a schematic. You could probably leave the keys in it and it would never get stolen again. Not saying do that lol. My brother does, even in NYC, but he drives a powerstroke so.....little risk and little value. Let someone else deal with the headache lol.

• Owner

Or the other fancy tool "Jiggle Keys"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ZYZMva1e0

http://youtu.be/sjOtomfRPN0

Hence why the dog rides with me while I'm out and about. Then why my truck is typically stored in the garage behind a locked door. No wiring schematics needed... Just one jiggle key and get the door open then start the truck.