• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Leaking Overhead Cab Marker Lights

• Staff

Anyone know if it's just the screws that leak? I changed out all the little plastic washers under the screw heads using neoprene washers from pole barn metal screws. Seems to gasket pretty well but, wondering if the leak comes from the lens base instead. I was afraid to pull them up since they are stuck on. Might tear the gasket underneath. Tell me where the leak comes from :ashamed:TIA.

• Staff

Yep, I'm afraid of that too with the computer right there. Mine is leaking and coming down inside the passenger side pillar cover. I was afraid the speaker tweeter or computor would get damaged. I know this is a common problem so hoping someone will chime in.

• Staff

Be careful not to oil an the roof. Must be done from the side unless you're skilled at levitation! LOL!!

I was careful thank you. Almost oil canned it once when it popped back unharmed :thumbup2: Used a 6 ft. ladder from both sides. I have some residual moisture over the headliner so I got a little space heater going inside the cab for awhile. I think the pole building screw gaskets are working very well. So far no more water coming in.

• Staff

I know your right Mike. Others too on here. I only pulled one up since it sticks like it will tear the gasket. Silicone is a good thing even if the do tear. The gaskets don't seem to be the highest quality. I put on the rubber washers for now and it stoped the leak.I need to clear out my shop, get the truck inside and work out of the rain.

My new (05) never gets driven in the rain and it never comes out of the 8k grarge. :lmao2::lmao: So I dont know if it leask or not.:think: And I only put 10k miles on it 15 months:ashamed: and it's still under warrenty till the end of this month:lmao:

Reminds me of my wife's van. She's driven it 11k miles in 3yrs. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Staff

I used to have a Saturday job driving an elderly couple to town in their 1958 Chevy Impala with 29,000 original. It was a blast that car.... so tight... felt like it had a real frame, like a solid hunk of iron compared to today.

One of my elderly aunts had an all original 1937 Pontiac. Her late husband had driven it for a year as a traveling salesman before he died & it had like 20k on it. As long as she was alive, when you took her to the store, you had to drive her car. It needed some slight restoration but you wouldn't believe the vultures trying to score that car. After she passed away, it was sold, properly, for a good price. I remember visiting with her. She was so proud of her remodeled kitchen... The ancient wood cook stove had been rebuilt with kerosene burners in the remodel. I think the ice box had been replaced with a electric refridgerator but she wouldn't part with the former.

• Staff

Cool!These elderly folks with the Impala had all these old miners tools on display. One Saturday when I asked about them.They said, OK 'hold your hands'. She says, 'no, both hands! So I did and out comes all these hard rock mine nuggets out of an old leather pouch.:stuned::lol: Couldn't believe what I was holding. Some were 2 1/2'' inches long. They were beautiful and I'd never seen a real nugget in my life at the time.They were from her great great uncle, a miner in the California gold rush days. Man! I couldn't believe it:)