• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Neutral safety switch

I need some help, I recently acquired a wiring harness from a manual for my manual conversion and I need to see where the neutral safety switch plugs in under the dash. Could someone take a few pics and post them up of the mechanism that fits onto the slave cylinder shaft and where it plugs in at? [ATTACH]4852[/ATTACH]

post-10176-138698195604_thumb.jpg

Well it didnt work so I put in the wiring harness from a 5 speed truck that goes from the pcm to the plugs on the driver side and it works great. I did knock a vacuum line off during and dont know where its supposed to go:mad:. I also put a 100 ohm rheostat in my iat sensor and have control from about 2 degrees to almost 300.

So it does not even hook up to anything? Well I knocked something loose because I only have defrost now. As far as I could tell ( getting dark and starting to rain) I had everything else hooked up but maybe in a rush I overlooked something. I tried to start the truck earlier without the PCM hooked up and a rag over the turbo, thank goodness it didn't start!

post-11861-138698195689_thumb.jpgHey Ryan, one or both of these lines are for HVAC controls, do you have both of these attached? I cant remember which one it is, but one of them controls the vent door. This picture is of the vacuum header that runs right along the top of the firewall kind of underneath the weather sealEdit: Looking at your first picture, it seems both those lines are connected at the top so maybe you could trace them down stream to make sure theyre connected? I cant really tell what the 2nd pic is.JR

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new Year!! Sorry I wasn't on.... Too much going on.I just wanted to point out that that the Item in center of picture 2 is actually the combination Transfer case vent (very important), and CAD switch ambient vent. When we change the lever on the TC, the vacuum switch there applies vacuum to the CAD to either engage it or disengage it. The CAD actuator must vent the accumulated vacuum to change direction, it does this through this vent.Have a good one,Hag

• Like 1