• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil Pressure Sender

Since I have had my truck, the stock oil pressure gauge has not worked. The people before me installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the pillar but I want to put my fuel pressure gauge there. Is there any way to test the oil pressure sender? I just want to make sure thats whats wrong. The gauge in the dash just sits at 40 psi any time the key is on. I also have the code p0522. I believe that is for the oil pressure being out of range or something. Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I read through the p0522 code article already, I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem with their oil sensor before. I am pretty sure its just the sending unit but I dont wanna waste $80 if thats not whats wrong.

I think the one at Geno's went up to close to $90 this year. I was just doing some research over at the cummins forum and everyone was saying that the stock oil pressure gauge was more of just an idiot light. As long as the ECM see's more than like 6 psi, it just throws out a number on the gauge. I think I am probably just going to stick with a mechanical gauge. Has anyone else heard of this?

I think the one at Geno's went up to close to $90 this year. I was just doing some research over at the cummins forum and everyone was saying that the stock oil pressure gauge was more of just an idiot light. As long as the ECM see's more than like 6 psi, it just throws out a number on the gauge. I think I am probably just going to stick with a mechanical gauge. Has anyone else heard of this?

What kind of numbers is your mechanical gauge showing going down the road once your all warmed up? Just kind of curious for a "real number"