• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Phantom Fuel Leak

I have never had a fuel leak, but low and behold... When I power down, I get a drip off the bottom of the transmission.... I put a cup under it and collected a small amount, but enough to realize it sucks... Seems to be related to pressure in the lines as it stops after 10-minutes or so. Any ideas where to check for the most common fuel drips? :confused::confused:

• Owner

Well I'm right behind you...:rolleyes2: I got home to the stink of fuel and open the hood... guess what I got #1 injector line loose and leaking... So double check your injector lines... But double check the banjo bolt on the back of the head which is a return line from the injectors. Common for the washer to give up and leak or the bolt to back out. Check the tee at the back of the engine I heard of it leaking now and then too.

Well I'm right behind you...:rolleyes2: I got home to the stink of fuel and open the hood... guess what I got #1 injector line loose and leaking... So double check your injector lines... But double check the banjo bolt on the back of the head which is a return line from the injectors. Common for the washer to give up and leak or the bolt to back out. Check the tee at the back of the engine I heard of it leaking now and then too.

I hope we didn't start an epidemic here. An H1N1 fuel leak! I don't have one yet on my truck!

• 2 years later...

I dont have a part # but it should be the same as the VP banjo blot. I picked mine up at a cummins dealer. Vulcan performance or DAP ought tohave them too. I just went thru the same leak and both the bolt on the head and the tee were leaking. I picked up the orings for the tee and the same dealer.