• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Miss Moisture Missle.... Questions

• Staff

Can any of you guys tell me because of the winter cold, trucks been sittin' all week, if you have any condensation on the windshield inside? I think my cab lites still might be leaking, showing up as condensation.This would help me a bunch if you guys could check and see.Thanks a bunch....:thumbup2::think:

Yep. This morning I had ice on the inside of my windshield. After work, and running around after as well. I think its got to do with any humidity in the cab from anything you may have in there and the perspiration from a person.

By the title of this thread, I thought it was gonna be X-rated!!!:lmao::lmao2:The only time I get moisture condensing/freezing on the inside of my truck is if I leave a window open while the truck is shutdown. That doesn't include driving in the damp or cold without the defroster on though. Never from sitting.

• Like 1

• Staff

By the title of this thread, I thought it was gonna be X-rated!!!:lmao::lmao2:

That was just to wake you guys up :).... It's just a boat name I saw years ago kinda like, "Cirrhosis of the River" or "Liquid asset". Anyhow, be nice to get a small heater going inside the truck. Not talkin' about a gun you guys....just a heater. :lol:

Let see Beavercreek, Oregon temp 26 degrees, Humidity 92% ( Today's Weather ) that in itself would cause icy on the inside! How to Fix: More or less, Maybe or Somewhat Mover to a less humid region. Trip to RV store for a Dri Z Air it will suck moisture out of the air ( Used it in the trailer while living in Western WA)

• Like 1

Over the years, I have owned 5 of the 2nd Gen style trucks, 4 gassers and 1 diesel. All of them have had moisture/fogging issues on the inside of the windows in high humidity/wet conditions. For whatever reason, it is especially noticeable on the drivers side window. I have just gotten used to using the dash vents in these conditions and actually aiming the outer dash vents towards the windows.Quite a few people I know with these trucks have the same problems.Jeff

• Like 1

I had no heat and fogging/icing last year so I thought heater core, it was bad but didn't fix the problem fully. When I did the core I found my carpet floor mats were ice cubes, so I dried them out and put them back in. I work outside all day so my problems here in Wisconsin with moisture tend to be worse than some others. Long story short the icing fogging returned even though my mats were dry and the heater core wasn't leaking. What I found was the the mats don't keep moisture out of the carpet below and the carpet doesn't keep it out of the padding, so I dried it all out. Then I went out and put a set of cheap rubber floor mats on both sides. I also replaced my door pins which were causing a minor air and moisture leak. Now I don't have any icing/fogging issues unless I don't clean the mats off on a regular basis. My brothers dodge intrepid did the same thing until he put rubber floor mats in there. IMHO a 30 dollar set of mats is better than paying to heat the trucks interior. I added some periods for you guys and yesterday it was 8 degrees out with a 72% humidity and no icing :thumbup2: