• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Two stroke oil and CR injectors

angus

• Owner

Can if you wish. But I typically suggest against it.But remember that synthetic will cost you more over the same period of time. Also remember that synthetic lubricant don't have any PPD (pour point depressants) so it will not aid in the pour point factor like petroleum oils that do have PPD package added.

Ok thank you. Weird though, my amsoil engine oil always out pours in -30 Canadian winter then all the reg oil I have.

Can if you wish. But I typically suggest against it. But remember that synthetic will cost you more over the same period of time. Also remember that synthetic lubricant don't have any PPD (pour point depressants) so it will not aid in the pour point factor like petroleum oils that do have PPD package added.

Hi I was thinking of using amsoil synthetic 2 stroke. Any thoughts? I dont see it on the chart to compare the numbers.

I`m playing it safe for now. I have a couple gallons of B99 soy oil, but I`m gonna run the Super tech two stroke for awhile, and the Baldwin PF7977 FF till things warm up around here.

• 1 month later...

I am actually not worried about the pour point or gelling, I am looking for the best lubricant for the injectors etc.

I`m playing it safe for now. I have a couple gallons of B99 soy oil, but I`m gonna run the Super tech two stroke for awhile, and the Baldwin PF7977 FF till things warm up around here.

I am actually not worried about the pour point or gelling, I am looking for the best lubricant for the injectors etc.

You're a fair bit further North than I am here in northern Illinois, but I've run nothing but WallyWorld 2 stroke oil since....................How long has it been Michael?????:duh: In weather/wind as low a -25*F........never a gelling problem. Most 2 stroke oil has a lower pour point than diesel anyhow............so if you add it to diesel.........even in the crazy low ratios that we do..........it has to lower the pour point of your diesel. It may not be classified as "anit-gel", but because you can use it in "oil-injected" snow mobiles, it's gotta flow a super low temps and help straight diesel. Just my :2cents:

I`m going to mix the soy oil @ 2% in my off road diesel and try it in my tractors this hay season. from the data Mike put up 2% soy oil surpasses everything as far as lubricity is concerned. There are no bio diesel pumps down here in Oklahoma so I am not sure what to expect?? If they are mixing as high as 10-20% in pump bio I`m wondering what the HP, fuel mileage results are?? Mike informed me that the BTU or energy contained in bio diesel is lower than strait ULSD, but I`m thinking 2% might be a good balance to get the lubricity, and not suffer the performance losses:shrug:

There are no bio diesel pumps down here in Oklahoma so I am not sure what to expect?? If they are mixing as high as 10-20% in pump bio I`m wondering what the HP, fuel mileage results are??

Are you sure the diesel that you're buying isn't a blend??? They must post a sticker on the pump if so. Look for it....................it may be small. Most of the diesel sold here in NE Illinois (the Peoples Republic) and SE Wisconsin is a bio-blend of anywhere from 5-20%. Also, all of the diesel I've bought in KY, MO, AR, IA, IN, MN, ND are blends...................you may wish to check that out!!! i still add my 2 stroke though.

The only thing on the pumps around here are "ULSD" along with some bull ____ stickers saying required in all 2007 and newer vehicles, and recommended for all diesel engines..LOL!!Current low price is Wally World @ $3.65 a gallon and you can buy pure soy bean oil for $3.59 a gallon at the local farm supply store.Just curious... what kind of mileage do you get out of B20?? is there a noticable performance difference?

• Owner

You're a fair bit further North than I am here in northern Illinois, but I've run nothing but WallyWorld 2 stroke oil since....................How long has it been Michael?????:duh: In weather/wind as low a -25*F........never a gelling problem. Most 2 stroke oil has a lower pour point than diesel anyhow............so if you add it to diesel.........even in the crazy low ratios that we do..........it has to lower the pour point of your diesel. It may not be classified as "anit-gel", but because you can use it in "oil-injected" snow mobiles, it's gotta flow a super low temps and help straight diesel. Just my :2cents:

Heck I've been using 2 cycle oil since 85K miles on the clock. I'm, now at 211K miles and still ticking on the same VP44. According to my records I started my 2 cycle oil theory back in July of 2006. That's 7 years of 2 cycle oil and ZERO VP44 issues and ZERO gelling issues to date... :whistle:
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great thread, I will definitely be using two-stroke (super tech as of now) in my fuel! Do you guy's think it needs to be a TCW-3 designated oil or can I use the same (2 stroke -mineral, not synthetic) oil I buy for my snowmobiles? Most sled manufactures recommend not using TCW-3 oils in their engines due to ring sticking I believe, but it would be nice to use the same kind I keep on hand.

This is a great thread, I will definitely be using two-stroke (super tech as of now) in my fuel! Do you guy's think it needs to be a TCW-3 designated oil or can I use the same (2 stroke -mineral, not synthetic) oil I buy for my snowmobiles? Most sled manufactures recommend not using TCW-3 oils in their engines due to ring sticking I believe, but it would be nice to use the same kind I keep on hand.

IMHTBHO; I believe you'll be fine running that brand of 2 stroke oil. TCW3 = Two Cycle Water-cooled...............and I'm assuming it's the 3rd time they upped the standards!! It's a standard the "outboard" boat motor manufacturers use. You should have no problems in your 3rd gen if you keep the concentrations to 1/2 ounce per 1 gallon of diesel fuel. That works out to about 16ounces per 32 gallon fill up!! I do have the fuel tank vent mod on my truck though. Many here cannot get the amount of fuel in their tanks that I do...........................but 1/2 ounce per 1 gallon of diesel is what I've been doing for 7+ years now and have just under 185,000 on the clock!!! Without fuel related issues at all!!
  • Like 1

IMHTBHO; I believe you'll be fine running that brand of 2 stroke oil. TCW3 = Two Cycle Water-cooled...............and I'm assuming it's the 3rd time they upped the standards!! It's a standard the "outboard" boat motor manufacturers use. You should have no problems in your 3rd gen if you keep the concentrations to 1/2 ounce per 1 gallon of diesel fuel. That works out to about 16ounces per 32 gallon fill up!! I do have the fuel tank vent mod on my truck though. Many here cannot get the amount of fuel in their tanks that I do...........................but 1/2 ounce per 1 gallon of diesel is what I've been doing for 7+ years now and have just under 185,000 on the clock!!! Without fuel related issues at all!!

I can only get 26 gals in my short QC and I`m running 16oz which equates to around 200:1 What is the vent mod your refering to??:think:

I have no issues getting 30-32 gallons in my 35 gallon tank without a vent mod. How low does your tank read when you put 26 gallons into it?

right at the "E" with the idiot light going off:think: you think I`m just never getting below 6-8 gals between fill ups?? I have never actually researched the capacity anywhere.

• 5 months later...

In you case I would say its more filtration.

Is this because its common rail? I"ve been doing alot of reading about them and seem to just be scratching the surface. What is the best thing to do for filtration? I have an 06 dually 186,000 on it and have had injector problems. Is it harder to take care of the common rail injectors?