• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quad cab doors won't open from inside

I had an issue with both of my quad cab doors wouldn't open using the inside door handles. I took the door panels off and found the cable that goes from the inside handle the the outside one was broke where in anchors in the door panel. Apologize for the crummy pictures but its the best my camera will do. Hopefully this will help somebody else out so they know what to look for.

post-11463-13869819649_thumb.jpg

post-11463-1386981965_thumb.jpg

post-11463-138698196509_thumb.jpg

I had an issue with both of my quad cab doors wouldn't open using the inside door handles. I took the door panels off and found the cable that goes from the inside handle the the outside one was broke where in anchors in the door panel. Apologize for the crummy pictures but its the best my camera will do. Hopefully this will help somebody else out so they know what to look for.

How did you fix it? Buy new parts? I didn't end up getting that clip to work again... thankfully I don't use the inside door latches though.

How did you fix it? Buy new parts? I didn't end up getting that clip to work again... thankfully I don't use the inside door latches though.

Yes i bought new cables for both sides. The first picture is the mopar number off the cable bag. I never use the inside handles either but everybody that rode back there used to be babys about it and complain.:cry:

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem after i pulled my door panels off, i took superglue and glued them back together, and then lined them up to see how the fit, then rotated it 90 degree and then filed the area down so it would slide in and then rotated it back 90 degrees so that cable was resting in the position it liked.thus far it still works, but well see, if i have to pop those door pannels off again i hope that it will still work if not i know the part number now.

Another thing to consider if that ever happens is that the latch on the bottom of the door has a tendency to rust, and stick-permanently. I had to dremel mine off in order to unstick the door. I would recommend periodically, spraying that latch mechanism on the bottom of the door down with some of the white lithium grease, no residue, and it will prevent the latch from rusting shut.

• 1 month later...

Both of mine broke as well. I think it happens if someone in the rear pulls on the handle when the driver/passenger door isn't open. The latch that you use from the outside of the vehicle to open the quad cab doors tries to move out but hits the door. If they pull hard enough the plastic breaks on the cable. Not 100% sure however...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had same problem and could tell the top latch was releasing but not the bottom. If I pushed in and jerked the lever it would open though. I took door apart and where the lever it to go to the top and bottom latch the bolt that it pivots on was loose and allowing that lever to flop over and not release the bottom latch. If you crank it tight it binds up the lever too so I used some locktight and snugged it up. Lubed all the linkages and been working great for a year now since I bought the truck.