• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to check vp44 wiretap

He's got twins, and then some :)

Yeah compounded air, 150 sac sticks and juice/smarty stack. I was able to hit close to 50 psi without the juice wiretap. Its more than enough power ........ now just concerned about breaking something (tranny, HG, flexplate, input shaft, floating valve) etc etc ...... so far it seems ok ..... I generally dont push it that hard - but often in the 45 psi range. Glad to have that sorted - simple in the end .......... did my 3rd gen brake upgrade as well last week - its ok - wasnt like wow. Now a track bar, some touch up paint and maybe some lukes links replacement bushings ....

Yeah compounded air, 150 sac sticks and juice/smarty stack. I was able to hit close to 50 psi without the juice wiretap. Its more than enough power ........ now just concerned about breaking something (tranny, HG, flexplate, input shaft, floating valve) etc etc ...... so far it seems ok ..... I generally dont push it that hard - but often in the 45 psi range. Glad to have that sorted - simple in the end .......... did my 3rd gen brake upgrade as well last week - its ok - wasnt like wow. Now a track bar, some touch up paint and maybe some lukes links replacement bushings ....

What was all involved with the 3rd gen brakes? Bigger dual piston calipers? Did you change rotors? After my last go around with my caliper hang up Im looking to get away from my single piston calipers. Theres a company called EGR thats got some upgraded units for the early 2nd gens, theyre big $$$ but cheaper than what my last go around cost me...

• Owner

Like John said, mine shows 0 too but my comp is definalty working and giving power increases all the way through the levels. Smoke, egts and power are all more on 5x5 than 2x5. I have a scotchlock but its siliconed up so no moisture gets in.

Wire tap isn't working...:nono: There should be 12V on your grey lead in the cab then... Should ALWAYS have 12V with the key ON and probe either the grey wire in the cab or the tap point of the VP44. But in the end there should be 12V on the grey wire. If its showing 0 volts then your NOT wire tapped. :rolleyes:

So basically you got a Edge EZ with that Edge Comp and no extra fueling. :whistle:

What was all involved with the 3rd gen brakes? Bigger dual piston calipers? Did you change rotors? After my last go around with my caliper hang up Im looking to get away from my single piston calipers. Theres a company called EGR thats got some upgraded units for the early 2nd gens, theyre big $$$ but cheaper than what my last go around cost me...

sorry missed this 3rd Gen Rotors (bigger) 17" rims (for clearance). 3rd Gen Pads 3rd Gen Caliper Brackets thats it - you can reuse the existing calipers (at least on 01-02).
  • Like 1