• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacing hydro boost

My Son`s 99 has a leaking brake booster.. Due to his tight budget he is looking at buying one from a local salvage. I`m just wondering what the life expectancy is for these units?Are booster failures common on 2nd gens?

• Owner

Still running factory OEM brake system from the master cylinder all the way down to the calipers. The only thing that not OEM is the caliper seals and boots and the pads. I've never replaced a master cylinder ot hydrobooster. Mostly due to the fact I change brake fluid every 30K miles and completely rebulid the calipers every 100K miles. I basically change brake pads every 200K miles roughly. (185K actual)So a rebuild kit of the hydrobooster is much cheaper that the $95 salvage one plus a rebuild kit that you most likely have to put into it as well. :whistle: