• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

...speaking of fords

hex0rz

:lmao: I can't help but laugh.. But I also do feel sorry for the guys in a way too...On my dreaded trip to Yakima, I encountered a couple fords on the side of the road. Hazards were on and was getting hooked up by the other to be towed by a couple chains.I pass them up and go on my way. I make a few hills and this and that cruising on average between 50-55mph. Not too much longer after, I see them PASSING me. Wow... okay, so someones got some brains!As irony goes, lo' and behold, I see them at an off-ramp, with both of them on the shoulder of the off-ramp with the one towing the other broken down from over-heating! :lmao:The cloud was a billowing from that ford! It was only a matter of time until they seen a couple vultures hovering them!...fords, go figure!

• Staff

That's too bad, they should have gotten the big shiney chrome front grill option...... makes it work better :)Yesterday I had to turn in next to a guy all decked out in his new Ford. He looked like he was ready to show off to everyone and his girlfriend. Here's Me in my 400,000 mile, 20 year old 1st gen. I tried hard not to notice so he wouldn't feel so bad.:):lol:

• Owner
Mopar Icon Notes
To all readers do remember this is all said in fun.
I can say you can dog on all makes and models of vehicles and find fault with every one of them the only reason most here feel really good about there Dodge's is because of the fact we have figure out how to over come the problems. The same can said about Chevy and Ford owners too so if you find a talented group for them you might hear the same thing...Personally I would say I don't like Fords much at all. But the Chevy's well there nice but since my Dad worked for GM (Van Nuys, CA division) I know all the problem with them too. So really I've been a Dodge owner since day one. Back to have fun...:wink:

• Owner

Car Acronyms...Acura: Awful,Crappy,Unreliable, Rusty AutomobileAcura: Automobile Causes Universal Road AccidentsAcura: All Cars Usually Require AdjustmentAcura: Any Child Understands Real AutomobilesAcura: Americans Can Underestimate Routine AccidentsAcura: Another Case of a Useless Requested Acronym?Audi: Accelerates Under Demonic InfluenceBeetle: Battered Everywhere, Expect To Lose EngineBMW: Babbling Mechanical WenchBMW: Beastly Monstrous WonderBMW: Beautiful Masterpieces on WheelsBMW: Beautiful Mechanical WonderBMW: Big Money WasteBMW: Big Money WorksBMW: Blasphemous Motorized WreckBMW: Born Moderately Wealthy.BMW: Break My WindowsBMW: Broken Money WasterBMW: Broken Monstrous WonderBMW: Brutal Money WasterBMW: Bumbling Mechanical WretchBMW: Big Money WasterBMW: Blasphemized Motorized WreckBMW: Bastard Money WieldersBMW: Bowel Movement WagonBuick: Big Ugly Import Car KillerBuick: Big Ugly Indestructible Car KillerBuick: Built Under Inspection of Cooky KoreanCamaro: Can't America Make A Real One?Chevrolet: Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips.Chevorlet: Crappy Hot-Running Engines, Very Rusted Out, Lose Every TimeChevy: Charged HeavilyChevy: Cheapest Heap Ever enVisioned YetChrysler: Car Having Really Yucky Stupid Lazy Engine RunsChrysler: Could Have Remained Your Sickly Lame Elderly Relative'sCitroen: Crap Interior Terrible Road-holding Owned Entirely by NuttersDodge: Dead Or Dying Garbage EmitterDodge: Drips Oil, Drops Grease, EverywhereDodge: Dem Old Dudes Go EverywhereDatsun: Detroit's Angry Towards Sneaky Unscrupulous NipsFiat: F**king Italian Attempt (at) Transportation.Fiat: Failure in Automotive TechnologyFiat: Feeble Italian Attempt at TransportationFiat: Fix It Again Tony?Fiat: Fix It All the TimeFiat: F*ck in a Taxi.Ford: F**ked over rebuilt DodgeFord: F**ker Only Runs DownhillFord: F*cked on Race DayFord: F*cking Over-Rated DisasterFord: F*ckin' Out-Right DangerousFord: First On Recall DayFord: First on race dayFord: Fix Or Repair DailyFord: Found on road deadFord: Fraternal Order of Restored DeSoto'sFord: F*ckin Owner Real Dumb!!Ford: (backwards) Driver Returns On FootGM: General MistakeGMC: Garage Man's CompanionGMC: Generally Mediocre CarsGMC: Get More ChicksGMC: Got More CrapGMC: Grungy MerchandiseGMC: Got Mechanic ComingG.T.I.: Got Tossers InsideHonda: Helping Out Nips Destroying AmericaHonda: How Odd-No Damn AccelerationHonda: Hold Overs Not Doing AnythingHonda: Hell Of a Nice Damn AutomobileHonda: Hand Over Dollars to AsiansJaguar: Jews And Germans Usually Argue RetailJeep: Junk Eletrical and Emissions PartsJeep: Jump Excitedly in Every Pothole.Jeep: Just Eat Every Pickle.Jeep: Junk Everyone Eyes for PartsJeep: Jinxed Engine has Extra PartsJeep: Jumps Everything Ever ParkedMazda: Model All Zoids Drive AimlesslyMopar: Most Often Passed At RacesMopar: Mostly Old Parts And RustMopar: Mostly Old Paint And RustMopar: Making A Zillion Dollars AnnuallyMopar: Mitsubishi's Over Priced American ReplicarsNissan: Now In Some Sh*tty Automobile NightmareNissan: Nasty Import Sucks Savings Away to NipponOldsmobile: Oh Look Dammit, Some Massive Oil Burning Idiot's Leaking EverythingOldsmobile: Old Loose Dented Sheet Metal Outdated By Infamies Like EdselPinto: Put In New Transmission OftenPlymouth: Pontiac Poor old ni**er thinks it's a CadillacPlymouth: Poor Old Nitwit Thinks Its A CadilliacPorsche: Puts Out Really Smoky Carbonate Hazardous EmissionsPorsche: Phased Out Racer-Still Can't Hold EnginePorsche: Please Overlook Really Sh*tty Cardboard Horrible EnginePorsche: Pulled Over Regularly So Cops Have EnoughRenault: Retarded Engine No Acceleration Ugly Lump of TrashSAAB: Stupid, Arrogant _______ BabiesSAAB: Such an arrogant bastard!SAAB: Swedish Automobile - Always BrokenSubaru: Send Undercover Boat And Radioactive UraniumToyota: Taking Our Yen Out -- Thanks AllTriumph: The Risk Involving Useless Machinery Pays HeavilyVW: Very WorthlessSTP: Stop Those Pistons.E.F.I.: Extra F*cking InsuranceBOW TIE: Big Over Weight Tired Impotent EnginesNAPA: Never Any Parts Available.

Car Acronyms... Acura: Awful,Crappy,Unreliable, Rusty Automobile Acura: Automobile Causes Universal Road Accidents Acura: All Cars Usually Require Adjustment Acura: Any Child Understands Real Automobiles Acura: Americans Can Underestimate Routine Accidents Acura: Another Case of a Useless Requested Acronym? Audi: Accelerates Under Demonic Influence Beetle: Battered Everywhere, Expect To Lose Engine BMW: Babbling Mechanical Wench BMW: Beastly Monstrous Wonder BMW: Beautiful Masterpieces on Wheels BMW: Beautiful Mechanical Wonder BMW: Big Money Waste BMW: Big Money Works BMW: Blasphemous Motorized Wreck BMW: Born Moderately Wealthy. BMW: Break My Windows BMW: Broken Money Waster BMW: Broken Monstrous Wonder BMW: Brutal Money Waster BMW: Bumbling Mechanical Wretch BMW: Big Money Waster BMW: Blasphemized Motorized Wreck BMW: Bastard Money Wielders BMW: Bowel Movement Wagon Buick: Big Ugly Import Car Killer Buick: Big Ugly Indestructible Car Killer Buick: Built Under Inspection of Cooky Korean Camaro: Can't America Make A Real One? Chevrolet: Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips. Chevorlet: Crappy Hot-Running Engines, Very Rusted Out, Lose Every Time Chevy: Charged Heavily Chevy: Cheapest Heap Ever enVisioned Yet Chrysler: Car Having Really Yucky Stupid Lazy Engine Runs Chrysler: Could Have Remained Your Sickly Lame Elderly Relative's Citroen: Crap Interior Terrible Road-holding Owned Entirely by Nutters Dodge: Dead Or Dying Garbage Emitter Dodge: Drips Oil, Drops Grease, Everywhere Dodge: Dem Old Dudes Go Everywhere Datsun: Detroit's Angry Towards Sneaky Unscrupulous Nips Fiat: F**king Italian Attempt (at) Transportation. Fiat: Failure in Automotive Technology Fiat: Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation Fiat: Fix It Again Tony? Fiat: Fix It All the Time Fiat: F*ck in a Taxi. Ford: F**ked over rebuilt Dodge Ford: F**ker Only Runs Downhill Ford: F*cked on Race Day Ford: F*cking Over-Rated Disaster Ford: F*ckin' Out-Right Dangerous Ford: First On Recall Day Ford: First on race day Ford: Fix Or Repair Daily Ford: Found on road dead Ford: Fraternal Order of Restored DeSoto's Ford: F*ckin Owner Real Dumb!! Ford: (backwards) Driver Returns On Foot GM: General Mistake GMC: Garage Man's Companion GMC: Generally Mediocre Cars GMC: Get More Chicks GMC: Got More Crap GMC: Grungy Merchandise GMC: Got Mechanic Coming G.T.I.: Got Tossers Inside Honda: Helping Out Nips Destroying America Honda: How Odd-No Damn Acceleration Honda: Hold Overs Not Doing Anything Honda: Hell Of a Nice Damn Automobile Honda: Hand Over Dollars to Asians Jaguar: Jews And Germans Usually Argue Retail Jeep: Junk Eletrical and Emissions Parts Jeep: Jump Excitedly in Every Pothole. Jeep: Just Eat Every Pickle. Jeep: Junk Everyone Eyes for Parts Jeep: Jinxed Engine has Extra Parts Jeep: Jumps Everything Ever Parked Mazda: Model All Zoids Drive Aimlessly Mopar: Most Often Passed At Races Mopar: Mostly Old Parts And Rust Mopar: Mostly Old Paint And Rust Mopar: Making A Zillion Dollars Annually Mopar: Mitsubishi's Over Priced American Replicars Nissan: Now In Some Sh*tty Automobile Nightmare Nissan: Nasty Import Sucks Savings Away to Nippon Oldsmobile: Oh Look Dammit, Some Massive Oil Burning Idiot's Leaking Everything Oldsmobile: Old Loose Dented Sheet Metal Outdated By Infamies Like Edsel Pinto: Put In New Transmission Often Plymouth: Pontiac Poor old ni**er thinks it's a Cadillac Plymouth: Poor Old Nitwit Thinks Its A Cadilliac Porsche: Puts Out Really Smoky Carbonate Hazardous Emissions Porsche: Phased Out Racer-Still Can't Hold Engine Porsche: Please Overlook Really Sh*tty Cardboard Horrible Engine Porsche: Pulled Over Regularly So Cops Have Enough Renault: Retarded Engine No Acceleration Ugly Lump of Trash SAAB: Stupid, Arrogant _______ Babies SAAB: Such an arrogant bastard! SAAB: Swedish Automobile - Always Broken Subaru: Send Undercover Boat And Radioactive Uranium Toyota: Taking Our Yen Out -- Thanks All Triumph: The Risk Involving Useless Machinery Pays Heavily VW: Very Worthless STP: Stop Those Pistons. E.F.I.: Extra F*cking Insurance BOW TIE: Big Over Weight Tired Impotent Engines NAPA: Never Any Parts Available.

Note.......how there isn't any "Dodge/Cummins" acronynms!!!!:smart:

My brother has 350k miles on his 6.0. It had that head gasket issue like all the rest, changed it and now its fine. Has had 13,000+ lbs on it it's whole life with him driving it like he stole it. Automatic tranny is completely stock and untouched. Those torqueshifts or whatever they are are bulletproof. Still, it won't move if it's under 2000 RPM and theres no way I would want to work on the mess under the hood. I also hate the way the 1999+ style F250's drive and feel. I hate the way my dodge feels as well but not as much as those things. My old 1990 F250 was awesome, seems they have just gone downhill from there. I drove a 2012 2500 duramax allison whatever it is and it had that ford feel to it as well. Just 100000lbs of luxury and no real truck feel, I just can't stand that. I did used to drive the 1st generation durmax (2001 I think) and it was nice. So nice that I would buy one over anything else. Obviously would need to super glue the tailgate latch in :lmao: But yeah after they went on to the newer styles they have just gone downhill. Everyone has a preference, that's my preference. If I had it my way I would put my dodge on top of the ford chassis keeping the 12V with it, put that torqueshift auto in it, be good to go.

You guys can dig on fords all you want but there are just as many issues with dodge trucks. Ford diesels are awsome if you take all the epa crap off em.

Its really all in good fun, nothing personal. That's whats great about this site, you won't see people verbally attacking anyone for any reason. Sure, we can all disagree on a subject, but the difference is nobody gets thrown under the bus around here. I personally am somewhat partial to Fords, I've owned several over the years and I've got two sitting in my driveway right now (Mountaineer and a Mustang). Every Ford I've ever owned treated me well. I think the majority of the poking you will see here is more related to the PowerStrokes, I think it's safe to say there isn't very many fans of them around here at all, including myself. I've got some friends that are diehard Ford guys from back in the days of the 7.3. Many of them have moved onto the newer generations with the 6.0 and 6.4. I see the money they spend under the hood of those trucks and I have to shake my head. Sometimes that brand loyalty can really make a fella go broke! :sick:BTW, welcome aboard!

You guys can dig on fords all you want but there are just as many issues with dodge trucks. Ford diesels are awsome if you take all the epa crap off em.

i have a good friend with a ford f250 TD that just plants you in the seat. i mean this thing hauls the mail! bad thing is there are many problems with the engines/powerstrokes themselves that you dont hear of with other diesels. his truck looks good too

may i add a few.Dodge- Damn ol dodge go everywhere. Jeep - Just empty every pocket. did you know on a quiet night you can hear a ford rust? My step dad has an 00 ford f250, with only 42,xxx miles. and i gotta say. that truck can move. it'll smoke 02 cummins.my bio dad has a 09 duramax. lol and my cummins will as of right now run with his. neither one of us can pull on the other. all of them have faults. and strong points. i choose the cummins because my 94 year old grandpa told me if i wanted a REAL truck that would treat me good for years to come to buy a cummins, his 99 had 68,xxx and lost a main bearing, dodge replaced his engine, then it ran to 46x,xxx when he sold it and never a single brake down. we have a farm, all the truck do their fair share of hauling hay, cattle, horses. etc. these arn't just pavement pounders.