• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

injection lines

04dodge

what are the benifits or disadvantage of ss lines? I have metal shaving in the stock ones and have to replace them was thinking of going with .093 ss

.093 is a good size, I would not go bigger if your driving it on the street. As far as stainless compared to mild steel, the stainless will be much more resistive to corrosion and it looks nice under the hood. Let me know if you need some prices, Kenny 352-636-0812

I used to use stainless lines when doing natural gas conversions on vehicles and it was a pleasure to work with. It also looked real nice and I believe it was good for 10,000 psi. You don't mind spending a little more when you can see the quality that you spent your hard earned money on.

I used to use stainless lines when doing natural gas conversions on vehicles and it was a pleasure to work with. It also looked real nice and I believe it was good for 10,000 psi. You don't mind spending a little more when you can see the quality that you spent your hard earned money on.

They'd better be able to take a lot more PSI than that!!! The CR's can see 20,000 PSI regularly and a max of around 26-27,000 PSI.

I'm not sure what type of line that they use on the fuel injection systems but on the natural gas systems they only carried a max tank pressure of 3,000 psi so the 10,000 psi line was sufficient. I'm new to the diesel stuff and learning every day about it, right here on this site from ya'll. :)

• Owner

Geez... I which I would of got pics of both a 3rd Gen and 2nd Gen injectors... The guy in Lewiston had the injectors laying on the bench all fillet out.. Basically its a shim, spring, pintle, nozzle. Then he showed me the guts of a 3rd gen injector and why they fail so quickly. It a long story to put in this post but it comes down to the bad fuel system and filters... For both VP44 and CR Engines...

• 10 months later...

First post here- Greetings to all and I hope y'all can help me:pray: with a few problems. :cookoo: For this thread, I need to know where I can get a custom made fuel line that will fit between an added CP3 fuel pump that sits on top of the front of the intake plenum and the fuel rail log that is lower and behind and ATS intake horn. I have to route the line UNDER the intake or I cannot run heaters. I have a REAR GEARCASE ISBe installed in a 2000 Ford Excursion. Anyone have any ideas? I've faked it by bending and twisting a line that I had, but that is going to fail at the worst possible moment. Thanks in advance- steve "dieselclam" holmes

• Staff

I have yet to hear about any lines other than stock on a HPCR. People sell modded rails, but I thought all the lines were stock?Stock specs take the 5.9 to about 23,206 PSI, with the RPRV set around 26-27K. The 6.7 will go up to about 26K, and I am not sure what the RPRV is set for. The gauges are different the 5.9 one maxes at about 26K and the 6.7 at about 30K (I have the actual numbers at work).

• 1 year later...