• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Wanna See Your "Wood"

dorkweed

• Owner

I'm a hydraulic splitter myself I use a 20 ton splitter. I stopped till the summer heat tones down a bit. Because I love to split firewood its just I hate to set up and and shut down with in a few hours. I can do it for the whole afternoon if the weather is cool enough. But we have been seeing 95-105*F temps here at the house all summer. Ughhh... Just to darn hot to do it right now.

What type of wood are you splitting? i gotta charge some camera batteries then i'll get you some pics of what i do.

- - - Updated - - -

i cut and make tables and Mantels out of Alligator juniper, i burn for heat what isn't able to be sold, i also burn Oak, and Aspen.

i only go through about 3-4 cords a year. i start my fires with aspen, then burn a log or two of juniper, then stock overnight with OAK. and stoke all day with oak as well. after work i do partial clean out beings i try and keep most of the hot coals.

the saws i user are a Sthil 066 w/25 or 32" bar, and a 360 with a 20" bar and a 026 with 18 or 16" bars.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't count on this subject since I'm lazy and buy my firewood and then hire someone to stack it in the wood shed :lol:.

I live on the west side (warmer ) so it only takes 1 and a 1/2 cords each winter :tease:

_____!!!:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Splitting oak, pine, and eucalyptus. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6430[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6431[/ATTACH] With a little help.

I got wood watching you prepare your "wood" for burning!!!:2cents::hyper::smart: