• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need a help with Raptor pump...

I has issue with fuel pressure that I had been seen normal it would be about 20 psi but now it had dropped to 12 to 15 psi even changes fuel filter and adjust te regulation. It don't help..Should I contact the air dog company and see what to do? Or time to upgrade to airdog 100 with two filters??

I had contacted the pure flow airdog company as sent a email since I can't make a call myself. Also I don't want take regulation out if it would void the warranty?? I could take it out but prefer to get response back to see what they would said..

I had issue as fuel gauge would show 20 psi mostly time but other time it would drop to 12 or 15psi for few days.. I tried to adjust and it don't make a difference so I just park my cummins to avoid the damage to injection pump.

- - - Updated - - -

No response back from them after I had sent a email. I can't make a call as no video phone at my work(broke) and I would like to fix this issues before October as will have about 2,000 miles road trip then on December I will go to gulf shore Alabama for Christmas vacation.... That is other 2,000 miles+\-.... I don't want to have this problem...

If I has no choice then it seem like I am going to fork up for airdog 100 and be done???

Update: I did pulled the regulation and it is clean. But one o-ring had cut a bit from removed it. Then I had pulled the inlet port, found a debris on screen. I will need to put fuel filter on it. But I can't put a large fuel filter with filter base as no room to put on. So should I get 1/2" fuel filter like automotive fuel filter or??? Either upgrade to airdog 100 that has two filters or ?? I had not follow the raptor paperwork that need to clean the screen few times a year or do often if do driving a lot... I would like to see what is option to do( I don't want to drop the tank as it is full of diesel fuel. And all diesel fuel stations are has dirty inside. It lead me to prefer to install a fuel filter before the inlet of raptor or just bit the bullet to buy a 565 dollars airdog pump with filters????i need get it to ready to drive as get ready for two long travel for vacations with family.

Update : I did inspect over and clean the dirty screen inside the raptor pump after not been clean for almost three years(oops) and I tried to test again. It got much improved on fuel pressure. So I had ordered the fuel filter wix33248 (14.00 dollars) as inline fuel filter as 1/2" inlet and outlet that I found a post about that at cummins forum as use same raptor I has. So I will buy few and keep in my truck if need to replace again when I has seen fuel pressure drop again. I may do a project as try to make my own fuel filter kit that I could use but for now I don't have enough time to do that as need get ready for trip. But same time I can cut the fuel filter to inspect inside after I am back from Wisconsin in October to see if I should go for larger fuel filter.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely call Pureflow They have had a lot of trouble with their pumps and pressure of late.

I just drove up into the mountains yesterday and lost my second Raptor 100 pump. Add that to the one that was replaced by Pure Flow because it leaked diesel fuel. Guys, I am tired of changing out a Raptor every year. Any other suggestions? I have a big line kit, drawstraw and more or less the engine is stock (injectors are the only real mod) so I do not hot rod the truck. Need something reliable... and this is not. Thx, FT

I have told myself from the day I found out and it was after the fact, that I will be getting a mechanical lift pump. Originally, they do not come with all the stuff I would like out of it, but now that I have an airdog lift pump, when it finally comes the day, I will go mechanical and have all the benefits from the airdog features, like the draw straw basket and filter block with 1/2" lines. So if I were you, look into the DTT Assassin, or the GDP Fuel Boss: http://www.dttdiesel.com/product-p/dttfp.htm http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=FB-98502

I just drove up into the mountains yesterday and lost my second Raptor 100 pump. Add that to the one that was replaced by Pure Flow because it leaked diesel fuel. Guys, I am tired of changing out a Raptor every year. Any other suggestions? I have a big line kit, drawstraw and more or less the engine is stock (injectors are the only real mod) so I do not hot rod the truck. Need something reliable... and this is not. Thx, FT

Fass still makes a good system I hear. I have read the Assassin has been having problems of late. Seems the fuel boss is working pretty good. AD is the only one I have any hands on experience with. I bought mine long before the company was sold however. I have seen where AD claims to have solved there issues in their newer pumps, but it seems they keep handing out what ever inventory they have for warranty or the problem is not resolved.

I have told myself from the day I found out and it was after the fact, that I will be getting a mechanical lift pump. Originally, they do not come with all the stuff I would like out of it, but now that I have an airdog lift pump, when it finally comes the day, I will go mechanical and have all the benefits from the airdog features, like the draw straw basket and filter block with 1/2" lines. So if I were you, look into the DTT Assassin, or the GDP Fuel Boss: http://www.dttdiesel.com/product-p/dttfp.htm http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=FB-98502

Thanks but the second pump is backordered and not available right now, and the top one have seen some difficult threads with people having issues with them now! Am thinking about getting a new Raptor 100, wiring in a relay and heavier duty wiring to it and triggering it off of the original source. That would eliminate any chance of the lighter duty wiring on the truck being a cause of the problem. Thx, FT

Thanks but the second pump is backordered and not available right now, and the top one have seen some difficult threads with people having issues with them now! Am thinking about getting a new Raptor 100, wiring in a relay and heavier duty wiring to it and triggering it off of the original source. That would eliminate any chance of the lighter duty wiring on the truck being a cause of the problem. Thx, FT

My AD II is wired thru a relay with the oe harness used for the trigger. It seems what I have read is the problem lies in the seals failing and letting diesel into places it does not belong. Again, no experience with them, just what I have read.

My AD II is wired thru a relay with the oe harness used for the trigger. It seems what I have read is the problem lies in the seals failing and letting diesel into places it does not belong. Again, no experience with them, just what I have read.

Dave, Exactly what I am planning on doing. Did you use a heavy duty relay or normal version? How long has this been in operation? I am getting about 12-15 months out of these Raptor's and getting tired of swapping out pumps. Thx, FT