• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yet Another 20+ MPG Tank

dorkweed

Stuffed the tank full this afternoon. 31.3xx gallons with 635.xx miles on the tanks of fuel.Came out to 20.1x MPG!!!Just ordered filters............oil(OEM), fuel(OEM+FF5320), OEM air filter, and a crankcase filter from Geno's Garage. For me it's cheaper to pay the shipping from ONE PLACE, rather than drive around finding these items.I'm almost tempted not to change anything..................as I've not had a tank of fuel average under 20mpg since late winter/early spring!!! But it needs to be done...............and I normally do it now; just a few weeks before my annual hunting trip to NoDak!!!Just bragging a bit.................not saying!!!!:thumbup2::smart::cool:

I really doubt the free spin is going to net you much. Remember I'm still got spinning axles.

But no spinning driveshaft!! I agree that it probably won't help the above 2 guys much, if at all, mileage wise..................but if something gets FUBARed, you can always disconnect the hubs and still drive. If your CAD quits one day and/or you blow a front u-joint..............you can still drive with lock-out hubs. With my '04.5; which had everything turning up front prior to the "free-spin" kit, I can honestly say I've picked up 1-1.5mpg in my everyday driving since the install in July last year. Almost 24,000 miles on Mighty Whitey since the install.

But no spinning driveshaft!! I agree that it probably won't help the above 2 guys much, if at all, mileage wise..................but if something gets FUBARed, you can always disconnect the hubs and still drive. If your CAD quits one day and/or you blow a front u-joint..............you can still drive with lock-out hubs. With my '04.5; which had everything turning up front prior to the "free-spin" kit, I can honestly say I've picked up 1-1.5mpg in my everyday driving since the install in July last year. Almost 24,000 miles on Mighty Whitey since the install.

:nono:Mike has an 02 as I did, they did away with the CAD at the end of 01 and have a live front axle so the front axles and driveshaft spins full time just like the 3rd gens do.:thumbup2:
  • Like 1

:nono:Mike has an 02 as I did, they did away with the CAD at the end of 01 and have a live front axle so the front axles and driveshaft spins full time just like the 3rd gens do.:thumbup2:

I did know that; but had forgotten the year where the change over was!!! Thanks!!:2cents::thumb1:

I really doubt the free spin is going to net you much. Remember I'm still got spinning axles.

Don't know if you are talking to me or not but I was pretty much thinking I should net something positive on my 3rd gen if other 3rd gen guys are seeing mpg improvements with their free-spin installs. What am I missing? :think:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that it probably won't help the above 2 guys much, if at all, mileage wise

I know I must be one of the above 2 guys you are referring too. So I need help in understanding why you are thinking that way? How is my 3rd gen not going to potentially deliver some increase in mpgs knowing that your 3rd gen has? :think:

Don't know if you are talking to me or not but I was pretty much thinking I should net something positive on my 3rd gen if other 3rd gen guys are seeing mpg improvements with their free-spin installs. What am I missing? :think:

- - - Updated - - -

I know I must be one of the above 2 guys you are referring too. So I need help in understanding why you are thinking that way? How is my 3rd gen not going to potentially deliver some increase in mpgs knowing that your 3rd gen has? :think:

Sorry, overlooked the '05 in your signature.:duh: I'd surely recommend it for you then!!!

My 02 has the CAD. some of the early 02's have them. I bought mine in October of 01.

My 02 has the CAD. some of the early 02's have them. I bought mine in October of 01.

I guess I am old school and do not agree with how things are done with vehicle registrations, If it wasn't built in 02 then it isn't an 02 in my worldly ways of looking at things, why the heck do some manufactures already consider vehicles built in may or june of this year 2014 models already.......................just ain't right:cookoo: