• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Obamacare is so screwed up

JAG1

• Staff

I don't have insurance, my wife does, but, because of O'care it's going to double in January. This means we cannot afford it any longer. It's too bad.... we both work a lot and don't get benefits. Now we'll get fined for no insurance.The only reason for O'care is the fact that most Americans are having to face paying for increases in transportation, house and fuel just to keep a job/ keep going. With wages worth lees and less it's forcing many to cancel their Health insurance. O'care makes sure and guarantees the health industry stays alive. For taxation on profits and all but, it's crap with this fine thing, no freedom of choice.When the time comes for me to kick the bucket, I'm not going in an ambulance to some strange hospital with strange people and professional gougers on a bill that takes away everything I worked hard for all my life.No No:nono: I'd rather go in my own real log cabin out in the boonies. I worked so dam hard to build it, pay for it. Health industry gougers aint gettin' it.Sorry guys I'm just a little pist.

• Staff

Somethin' about those log homes.......Another thing that is happened is I got a contract to build a small warehouse for a medical products manufacturer. Owners decided to not go ahead with it due to their business contracts are now decreasing somehow. They think it's from the 3.8 % tax on all med products. That ain't all.......The county issued us permits in 3 weeks but the stupid city has gotten so cute with continual added hoops to jump thru that they pist off the owners. Now after $18 k spent/ lost on plans, engineering and fees they pulled the plug. I have other work going so it's not like I'm a desparado... just want to let everyone know this gov't is getting a little too bolted up with rules. My dad gave his life for this country, left us seven kids only to let idiots now run it. I'm sad because this job would have allowed a lot for my wife and I.

Obama care sucks. Just heard today that each time you visit the doc, no matter for what, they are required to ask about your sexual habits. Frequency, heterosexual or homosexual, etc. And becomes part of your electronic medical file that's available to a lot of people. I see a lot of companies dropping family coverage. They are required to provide insurance to the employee, but not the family. Getting so expensive that family coverage is becoming a thing of the past. So much for the Dem's looking out for the little guy. These changes will effect the most volnerable. We've got to stop spending money we don't have at the federal level. They are killing us!

JAG1, I feel for you.This bama'care sucks. I have a kid that lost his main job and the part time job because the owners closed the doors and left. My kid has no income and is now living with me while he tried to find the impossible, a new job. They say the doors are opening Oct 1st to get answers and such for Bama'care, and Jan 1st you have to be in it. But how the hell is the kid to pay for something when they shoved this up our a$$e$$ and no jobs to be had ? You think these 'HIGHLY EDUCATED' A$$e$$ would get the economy going BEFORE shoving this up our ........ (but why should they concern themselves with this trivial stuff, they're covered with our tax money.)

• Staff

I feel bad about your son out of work. I remember when I was just starting 40 years ago, America felt like it was an ocean of opportunity. I remember starting a business the way I thought, but, today you would get fined a minimum of a thousand bucks for it. It's not only Gov't strangle hold on American business, but, the very destruction of so many young peoples motivation, drive, and dreams.

I'm waiting for the day when the government finally spends us into poverty and I want to see what will happen:1st, how they will explain it to the nation (and how they will weasel their way out that it wasn't their fault)2nd: what the people with there hands out for so many years will say when they don't get their checks and benefits. (I can feel for the ones that lost their jobs and needed help. But not for the ones that made a retirement out of it because they didn't want to find a job, and they are many.)I worked until I finally could retire, not like a king, but with dignity. I never thought a person could earn more per hour with fed aid then working. No wonder we're in the situation we're in now.And they say us old coots that receive SSAN are getting government aid like the other group does. But they never mention us old coots have paid dearly with our paychecks going to SSAN for 40+ years because of the LAW passed before we were born and had no choice.

• Staff

Heck working and accomplishing things is so rewarding. I am retirement age now but have a hard time giving it up since my biz does afford some freedom from being a real grind. I like hiring these great young workers too. Make sure we get enough done ea. day, but always have some fun.I am amazed at some of their stories while working for other companies. Usually a scenario of unfair low pay with a well to do owner/ boss who is seemingly never happy and money means everything. Sad to see young people with such small hopes for the future like that.

Jag - fill me in on one thing - a bit ignorant here. I thought Obamacare gave a stopgap - meaning that everyone would have insurance even if you didn't so to speak ... I thought that's what everyone was originally upset as that meant illegals too ? Sorry for the ignorance .... I think the whole system is VERY corrupt ... With or without Obamacare

• Staff

Jag - fill me in on one thing - a bit ignorant here. I thought Obamacare gave a stopgap - meaning that everyone would have insurance even if you didn't so to speak ... I thought that's what everyone was originally upset as that meant illegals too ? Sorry for the ignorance .... I think the whole system is VERY corrupt ... With or without Obamacare

It has many hidden taxes like the 3.8 % tax you'll pay when you sell your home. Even if you only had say 20,000 dollars equity you will still owe 3.8% of the full selling price. There are many unforeseen ramifications in this bill, border hoppers is just one. The problem is tax payers money seems to always get lost in Gov't. accounting or shall we say.... Gov't abyss. When we hear about 'running out of money' or 'need to raise funding'. Usually ends with what is considered a bad investment or poor return on the dollar invested. I think the whole thing is just another money grabbing scheme and will take the competiveness out of the insurance business market.

I hear you ... My flood insurance is about to go from 1700 per year to 8300 .... Some law I wasn't told about when I bought 12 months back ....

Someone's getting paid.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/banking/senate-panel-on-wednesday-examines-flood-insurance-rate-increases/2142420

Sorry to hear about the health insurance side. Its sad that people that work cant afford health insurance - should be the one thing people can afford.

Hidden

Then, there's this little tid bit in there............................In 2014, when BarryCare becomes fully implemented, there will be a "NEW" 3.8% tax on the sale of all homes/property that goes into the thing too!!!!That essentially equates to $3800 for every $100,000 of sale price!!!! That's gonna screw a lot of folks that are underwater on mortgages trying to get out from under them!!!!How does selling your home figure into health care????:shrug::cookoo::banghead::duh:

It has many hidden taxes like the 3.8 % tax you'll pay when you sell your home. Even if you only had say 20,000 dollars equity you will still owe 3.8% of the full selling price.

You need to check the facts. Yes there is a 3.8% tax, but not the way you portray it: http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/realestate.asp http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/government/a/Health-Care-Real-Estate-Tax.htm
  • Like 1

I believe Ted is more for the people since he only has 8 months in and still believes he was elected by the people and SHOULD represent the people. I hope he doesn't change and represents himself in the future. (I fell my senator represents himself most the time)I read the obamacare bill after it was passes (I'm sorry I did) and did find 20 new taxes. But the opening(s) for the government to increase the bill size left me speechless. We are to cover medical cost for people who can not afford the cost was covered already. People were going into hospitals, getting help, and the cost was added to the doctors and hospitals debt. In turn they charge more to the ones that paid and had medical and the premiums went up. I called it the original obamacare phase 1. Not only were we covering non medical covered people, but any foreigners too. A texas hospital said they has 80% illegals without any coverage or money and they HAD to cover them per the federal laws. So they just put it in a BIG bill with plenty more taxes to add on the working people. I want to here what everyone will be saying 1 Jan 2014 when it's in effect with the cash coming out of everyones pockets. And for those that are retiring or will soon, hang in there. My premiums have drastically increase since retirement and the coverage is questionable. But per obama, I can cover my kids until 26 years old, (my youngest is 33 years old). My wife is covered for many female medical conditions (.. that is unneeded at her age). So in a sense, we're paying more as time goes by for less usable coverage and a lot of unusable coverage. We had a plan selection before, not a one size fits all.And on the news last night, it proved the federal government is receiving more tax money then ever before. (I'm sorry, this is a very sour topic for me.)

• Like 1