Exploded View Of a Bosch VP44 pump

• Administrator
post-2-138698208625_thumb.png123. Torx Screw Fillister805. Part Set Control Unit471. Closing Cover109. Cheesehead Screw480. O-ring127. Sealing Ring111. Torx Ovalhead Screw107. Angle Of Rotation Sensor135. Control Valve134. O-ring133. O-ring207. Spring Lock Washer206. Hexagon Nut810. Overflow Valve104. Screw Plug105. Flat Seal Ring398. Screw Plug397. Flat Seal Ring
  • Like 1

:o. Coming across this post I realized I dropped the ball on shipping that pump to you, Mike. I have 2 days off at the beginning of the week, I'll be sure to get it shipped out to you. BTW, part #37 (a small 2 bolt cover) was the million dollar part on my former 00. The guy I bought it from said the VP was leaking fuel, and "when they leak fuel out the back of the pump they need rebuilt" :confused:OK, so I picked up the truck for $1800 on the assumption it needed an injection pump. Got it home, got to looking at the back of the pump with a mirror and saw what looked to be a hair line crack running across that little cover. So after buying a tamper proof torx bit to remove the 2 screws, I proceeded to remove the cover. Got the first screw out and while breaking the 2nd screw loose the cover literally broke in half. I ground a V in both halves of the cover, TIG welded it back together, bolted it back up, bled the fuel system, and she fired right up. I put close to 100k on that truck.....on that injection pump :cool:JR

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

This is one of the reasons I'm still trying to get my hands on a used VP44 pump and pull it apart. I'm still not exactly happy with the Bosch information I've got and keep missing this diaphragm. There is no part number nor have I seen where this part is suppose to be.

• Board Of Directors

This is one of the reasons I'm still trying to get my hands on a used VP44 pump and pull it apart. I'm still not exactly happy with the Bosch information I've got and keep missing this diaphragm. There is no part number nor have I seen where this part is suppose to be.

I wonder if Bosch doesn't want everyone knowing about this part because it might be an easy fix for many of the pumps sent in for rebuild.

:popcorn:

Edited by JAG1

Pump is boxed up, with your name/address on the front, sitting in the back seat of my truck. I have been procrastinating waaay to long on this one, but I will get it out by mid week (working long hours first part of the week and won't get home until after the post office closes)

• Like 1

Pump is boxed up, with your name/address on the front, sitting in the back seat of my truck. I have been procrastinating waaay to long on this one, but I will get it out by mid week (working long hours first part of the week and won't get home until after the post office closes)

:spank:

OK Mike, one damaged VP is on it's way to you. I sent it lowest priority, they said 7 to 10 days. Originally I asked for it back when you were finished but considering the cost of shipping, don't worry about it. It will never be accepted as a core due to the damaged nose. The only reason I wanted it back was to fiddle with it myself but like I said shipping was more than the pump is worth.

Enjoy!

• Like 1