• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Mopar1973Man

Exploded View Of a Bosch VP44 pump

Thank you, Which part number is the diaphram some guys say they changed out?

Edited by JAG1

Ok... I dug through the part list and never found. Here is a picture of the seal kit used for rebuilding. All violet colored parts are in the seal kit. Mostly o-rings and gaskets.

Mopar Icon Notes
Take notice this is the 4 cylinder version.
post-2-138698208588_thumb.png
  • Like 1

post-2-138698208609_thumb.jpg61. Torx Oval Head Screw62. Spring Lock Washer805. Part Set Control Unit803. Part Set Restriction54. Gasket63. O-ring49. Torx Fillister Screw50. Hydraulic Head51. O-rings25. Deep Groove Ball Bearing23. Friction Washer
  • Like 1

post-2-138698208625_thumb.png123. Torx Screw Fillister805. Part Set Control Unit471. Closing Cover109. Cheesehead Screw480. O-ring127. Sealing Ring111. Torx Ovalhead Screw107. Angle Of Rotation Sensor135. Control Valve134. O-ring133. O-ring207. Spring Lock Washer206. Hexagon Nut810. Overflow Valve104. Screw Plug105. Flat Seal Ring398. Screw Plug397. Flat Seal Ring
  • Like 1

:o. Coming across this post I realized I dropped the ball on shipping that pump to you, Mike. I have 2 days off at the beginning of the week, I'll be sure to get it shipped out to you. BTW, part #37 (a small 2 bolt cover) was the million dollar part on my former 00. The guy I bought it from said the VP was leaking fuel, and "when they leak fuel out the back of the pump they need rebuilt" :confused:OK, so I picked up the truck for $1800 on the assumption it needed an injection pump. Got it home, got to looking at the back of the pump with a mirror and saw what looked to be a hair line crack running across that little cover. So after buying a tamper proof torx bit to remove the 2 screws, I proceeded to remove the cover. Got the first screw out and while breaking the 2nd screw loose the cover literally broke in half. I ground a V in both halves of the cover, TIG welded it back together, bolted it back up, bled the fuel system, and she fired right up. I put close to 100k on that truck.....on that injection pump :cool:JR

• Like 1

Here's a picture of an actual diaphragm.  Its the one on the far left that looks like the letter C.

DSC02376_zpsbd48b104.jpg

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons I'm still trying to get my hands on a used VP44 pump and pull it apart. I'm still not exactly happy with the Bosch information I've got and keep missing this diaphragm. There is no part number nor have I seen where this part is suppose to be.

This is one of the reasons I'm still trying to get my hands on a used VP44 pump and pull it apart. I'm still not exactly happy with the Bosch information I've got and keep missing this diaphragm. There is no part number nor have I seen where this part is suppose to be.

I wonder if Bosch doesn't want everyone knowing about this part because it might be an easy fix for many of the pumps sent in for rebuild.

:popcorn:

Edited by JAG1

Pump is boxed up, with your name/address on the front, sitting in the back seat of my truck. I have been procrastinating waaay to long on this one, but I will get it out by mid week (working long hours first part of the week and won't get home until after the post office closes)

• Like 1

Pump is boxed up, with your name/address on the front, sitting in the back seat of my truck. I have been procrastinating waaay to long on this one, but I will get it out by mid week (working long hours first part of the week and won't get home until after the post office closes)

:spank:

OK Mike, one damaged VP is on it's way to you. I sent it lowest priority, they said 7 to 10 days. Originally I asked for it back when you were finished but considering the cost of shipping, don't worry about it. It will never be accepted as a core due to the damaged nose. The only reason I wanted it back was to fiddle with it myself but like I said shipping was more than the pump is worth.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I didn't know the  4 cylinders  used the vp44  pump..  I thought they  went from  old style  rotary,  then  either  p7100 or  rotary,  then  cp3.   

In fact,   the  cp3 16 valve  4bt  was  out  in ~1999.        Ah, well,      it's a pretty big  world,  with  lots of   different  end uses.

That   'cam'  that actually   follows the  roller in the  'high pressure'  side...      I'd  think  that could be up  for  possible   'tweaking' by the  aftermarket/ full tilt  guys.    (not saying  there isn't  a  lot   that can be done   electronically  already!)   

It'll be nice to  see  actual  parts  on the bench!     Good thread.

The injection pump on my 02 TDI Beetle is a Bosch pump with an ecm mounted on top of the pump...it looks suspiciously similar to a VP pump.Just a little bit smaller, and a few less fuel lines.