• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Instrument panel brake light stays on.

Instrument panel brake light stays on after releasing the parking brake. I replaced the switch, replaced the brake fluid, reattached the vacuum boot at the pump. i cant figure out how to get this light to work the way it should to pass the state inspection. any help would be appreciated, thanks

I dont think it can be the switch, i had the switch off moving it by hand and still have the same problem. twice so far the light shut off the way it should, then i reapply the brake and the light stays on again

I did have that problem on my 01 but this is for the 1997, it dont have sensors. as far as putting the sensor back, it can only go in one way, no way to mess that up. Does anybody know how to reset the ABS? thanks for the help on this

What happens if you operate the parking brake switch with your hand? Another thing a lot of people don't know about is if your brake light fuse blows your brake light on the dash will light.

• Like 1

What happens if you operate the parking brake switch with your hand? Another thing a lot of people don't know about is if your brake light fuse blows your brake light on the dash will light.

operating the switch by hand makes no difference, the brake lights still work too. i think i am going to try bleeding the entire brake system tomorrow. thanks for the help with this mess

- - - Updated - - -

The BRAKE warning light is connected to MANY systems. Scanning for codes is a good idea. But any sort of brake failure... of any of the systems... will give you a light.

I tried hooking up my scanner to the OBD11 port and it told me it cannot connect. :shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

I am replacing the harness to the ABS speed sensor in the rear diff to see if this will fix the problem. I will keep yall posted on this.