• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Raptor 100 versus AD 150 wiring question

Recently lost my 3rd Raptor 100.Pure Flow was very workable and sent me the upgraded version of the AirDog 150 (an industrial version of it) and so far everything is hooking up nicely. Did have to run a "vapor return" line to the fuel tank but that was not difficult.Now I was getting ready to do the electricals and come to find that the wiring harness from the AD 150 appears identical to the Raptor 100 version.Anyone done this upgrade and seen the same thing? The relay is the same, fuse the same and hookups, as far as I can see, are the same. Cannot see any reason to un-do everything from the old installation and string new wire, relay and so on unless its something different or better.Thx,FT

The only reason I can think of if it's got heavier gauge wires on the new harness for the bigger pump.

Dave, Same thing I was thinking! Michael, That was the only thing I was wondering about. Am going to leave the existing harness in for now and call PF on Monday and ask about the wiring size. If the new one is bigger then will change it out, but for now at least this allows me to get the truck out of the driveway so I can get the car back in the garage! Thanks! FT

Dave,Totally agree and I do work with electrics on airplanes. That said, the run is not that long, like 8 foot AND its running directly from the battery to a relay that is powered from the computer, so the majority of the power comes in a heavy wire from the battery controlled by the relay.Just went out and finished up the installation (had to plumb in the vapor line to the tank, the Raptor did not have one of those) and OMG this puppy puts out loads of pressure and did not even let me get things bled and so on, it started on the second click of the starter... was just trying to purge any air out of the lines but it started on all 6 immediately and never faltered like it usually does with air. Will call PureFlow on Monday and see what they say but at least its running and moveable! Thx, FT

Compare the two wires and see if the gauge size is different. What about fuse size? Same amperage? You would know pretty quick cause it would blow a fuse and/or the wiring would get hot.

As I said in the original post, its identical as far as I can see... exact same relay, fuse and so on...

Makes me wonder if I should buy another raptor 100 and carry it with me. The change out would probably take 15 minutes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We had talked about doing that but after the 3rd Raptor failed, PureFlow made me a deal I could not refuse and upgraded to the AirDog-165. Really glad I did as this now has the dual filters and a lot better pump. BTW, I contacted PF about the wiring harness and they told me that the harness is the same in these two cases. Said its easier (and cheaper) to build the same harness for both the Raptor and AirDog and stock only one as opposed to having separate harnesses.

Is this a problem with old technology or still an issue with the Raptor 100? Mine has not skipped a beat in its short 6 month lifespan. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No idea which one it was. My original Raptor 100 was about 4 years old and lasted just over a year before dying. Replacement worked fine but after a while leaked. Replacement for that one again lasted over a year and just started dying last month. Did not die all together but anything over 20 miles and it started losing pressure. If yours does this, stop for 3-5 minutes then get going again. If its like mine it will give you another 20 miles so you can limp home or to service. With these symptoms I would guess that its getting hot and starting to sieze but thats just a guess. You and I have the same issues... I just cannot get stuck out on a trip.