• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I finally ordered and installed my gauges. I got Isspro EV2 Black Face gauges, 0-30psi Fuel Pressure, 0-1600* Pyro, 0-100psi Boost. Installed and working minus the fuel pressure gauge. I just got the last piece of that puzzle so tomorrow that will be totally functional. After I grew the cahoneys to drill a hole in my exhaust manifold it was cake work. I spent a lot of time running my wires to keep them clean looking and safe. Spent a lot of time cutting and fitting my stock a-pillar cover to get the gauge pod to fit nice and flush and as close to factory as possible. I hate when people do sloppy installs. But they look great!Pics to come soon!!:ahhh:

• Like 1

I've lost count now how many manifolds I've drilled through. What I always do is get a magnet, a rag, some grease and the bits. Start with a center punch to keep the bits from walking (Make sure you center the hole correctly on the back half of the manifold, as there is a divider between the front and rear half on the stock horns!) start out with a tiny pilot hole, using a drill bit dipped in standard grease, to collect any shavings. I drilled a bit, stopped, cleaned the grease off the bit with the rag, and regreased the bit. Once I had the pilot hole drilled, I cleaned up the manifold with the rag, and then moved on to the larger bit, doing the same thing, grease the bit, drill a bit, clean it off, and regrease, until I was all the way through. With the bit still in the hole, I wiped down the manifold, to get any big chunks out, and then pulled the bit out. Tapping the hole for the 1/8 NPT thread was the same-dip the tap into the grease, and tap, cleaning it out periodically, till the hole is tapped appropriately. thread in the probe base, and you're good! I've used a flashlight on the first couple I did, to look into the hole, and there were no shavings inside the manifold, when I did it that way. Never had an issue with any turbos since then, so I know the method works fine.Another way to do it is to wait till the engine is cold, start it, and drill through with the engine running, to blow any shavings out of the hole while you're drilling it...I haven't done it this way myself, but there are guys out there who do and they've had the same success this way that I have with the engine off.

• Like 1

I took me two beers and about 30 minutes of build up to drill the hole lol. But just keep the drill bit greased so it catches most of the big shavings. Same as the tap. Then stick a magnet down the hole a few times and clean out the shavings. From what I read on another forum any tiny shavings left in the hole will blow through the exhaust before the turbo even has time to start spinning. I believe that was from thouroghbred diesels site not another forum.