• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

05 codes p0203 and p2146

ADawg

So driving home tonight from work my engine light came on the truck started to loose power and running really rough. After the wife came with my Smarty I checked and cleared the codes then it continued to run like crap then I noticed my EGT's were 1200 just driving 30 mph plus you can see smoke pouring out the rear. Anyways i pulled over tuned the truck back to stock then it ran fine not one problem. When I got home reprogrammed it back to where it was when the problems started drove it around no problems. So should I have it checked out to be safe or do you think it was the programmer? The 0203 code is for the number 3 injector wire circuit and the 2146 is the cylinder bank 1-3. thanks for any help.

well I drove her all over town today because of work with no problem and my oil was a little low but my frantz was leaking for a while but I fixed it. I am going to try and check the ohms when I get a chance. I called a local shop here and the guy said that he sees it often especially when temperatures change. I asked him if I should bring it in to have them inspect it he told me that I need to bring it in when it is doing it. Now lets say the solenoid is going bad does that mean the whole injector has to be replaced or can you just replace the bad part?

The injector could be shipped off and repaired, these days most shops will recommend replacing all 6 if 1 fails. The part that had me worries is the EGTs and smoke, random solenoid issues do happen.. But generally it's a no-fire on 1 hole.

The first code I got was for number 3 injector control circuit. The guy was telling me that the solenoid sticks or the wave pulses and cause the injector to stay open then the ecm kills the first bank of injectors which is 1-3 injectors but if it is still open fuel is just pouring in thats like you said my egts were so high. But if I do find one bad injector I will replace them all. shoot while I am in there doing ohm checks I will do a valve lash check.

I have seen injectors ohm out bad all the time and only when warm. If its intermittent its definetly an injector. Ive had guys run hundreds of miles while smoking with no fuel in.oil and compression was still good. Could be like a 6.0 power stroke that I worked on once where they have two wires to open and two to close the injector. Well one of the pins for the close wire popped out of the connector and litterally filled he exhaust manifold with fuel. There was fuel dripping out of the bolts.