• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flashing wait to start light

When I tried to start my truck this morning the WTS was flashing. The truck will crank but will not start. I think it may be the ECM. The fuel pump will not run when i bump the starter, but will work off the battery on a switch. I have checked all relays, fuses and battery connections. There are three codes P0123, P17656, P1694. Does anyone have any ideas what else I can check?

When my ECM went out, every diagnostic i tried showed the sensor was bad. Every sensor, not just the apps.. A replacement ECM fixed it. With that being said if all seems normal with the appps disconnected it might be the problem. If you are willing to gamble on a $180 part to see versus an $1800 ecm, get a Timbo apps and if it does not cure it you will at least have a better than oem part. Borrowing from Mike a little, this is a personal opinion.

• Like 1

When I first read this I immediately thought Glow plugs are not getting hot or are no good.
I am wondering if you have checked to see if they are getting power or if they have proper resistance.
Also curious why no one else mentioned this. I know that the Wait to start light comes on while the Glow plugs warm up and then when they are hot it goes out. so would this not be the first thing to check?
Edited by eddielee

When I first read this I immediately thought Glow plugs are not getting hot or are no good.I am wondering if you heave checked to see if they are getting power or if they have proper resistance.Also curious why no one else mentioned this. I know that the Wait to start light comes on while the Glow plugs warm up and then when they are hot it goes out. so would not be the first thing to check?

Do you mean the grid heater? I have already check the relays and power to them, they checked out.