• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tank selector valve??

Ilikeoldfords

Well hello all. I am having a hard time finding a fuel tank selector valve for a project I am working on. The particular truck involved is a 1972 GMC 2500. The old valve is cracked and leaking and we want to upgrade it to an electric valve if possible anyway. Here is the catch.... This truck has 3 tanks. The stock tank behind the seat, and one saddle tank on each side of the bed. I cannot seem to find anyone who makes such a thing!! I have tried all my suppliers at work (I.E. airtex, carter, spectra, velvac, dorman etc.). The old valve is just a mechanical switch on the floor and I cant even find that set up anymore. The saddle tanks are aftermarket but my dad and bro decided they want to keep them. Any ideas of where to check?? I even tried granger. No one seems to make anything other than a duel tank style. Thanks so much for the help!!

Run 2 valves.One for cab vs saddle, and then run another to chose the saddle tank

I thought about that. That would make the most sense to me anyway. I am going to let them decide because its their project. I did find a solenoid valve for three tanks but it was for aviation use. They wanted like $725 for it and I am not quite ready to shell that kind of money out for a stupid little tank selector valve. Thanks for the thoughts. I will see what they think.