• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

dagnabbit... now I gotta take a drivers' test.

rancherman

Ok,  first of  all,   I hope  everyone who  presses  the  age of  50 doesn't become  the forgetful Frank  I've  apparently become.

Turns out,  I've been  driving  for  over 3 years  with no  OL.

I've been  all over the Midwest,   out west to California to pick up my  son  after retiring from  USMC....  but today,  30 miles  from any town,  and 1.3 miles  from my  ranch, State Patrol  decided  I was  pulling  my trailer too fast.

After digging around  for  half an hour  to  'find'  an  OP, he  beat me to it. NO OPERATOR"S  LICENSE.  came the reply  from  headquarters.

Luckily,  my  son happened to be along,  otherwise he  was going to  have the whole  shebang towed to town. 

192 bucks  for the speeding ticket and  no OL.  

He was  flabbergasted  I  went so long  without one.  'how  was that possible'?

"I've been busy" was the  only  excuse I had. I really  didn't  have  anything else to say!

So,  I've been  taking the  online sample test  for nedmv... been  scoring a constant  80-90 percent...   I'll let you know  tomorrow night if I am  'legal'.

I think what  screwed me up over the years, was   before  Nebraska  went to a  5 year  term on the  operators license,   I was  set up  on  the  4 yr plan, and election year  was my 'reminder'.   I've not been  'carded'  for  such a long time  that my  license  never saw the light of  day....  until today.  

We are running on 8 year renewals here in NC. I will be 68 before i have to test again. Just got a ticket last Wednesday for speeding 74 in a 60 in Virginia. The Sherriff wrote me a ticket for failing to obey a traffic sign instead of speeding. I think he did me a favor but I dont know if there are any points on my license and insurance to go with it.

• Staff

We go 8 years out here, and I get nervous and look at it about every 6 months since it's been so long since I got one. The CWL has me more nervous, which reminds me I need to look again. I really don't want that one to expire and IIRC it's a 5 year interval. I really wish they would combine them.

We go 8 years out here, and I get nervous and look at it about every 6 months since it's been so long since I got one.The CWL has me more nervous, which reminds me I need to look again. I really don't want that one to expire and IIRC it's a 5 year interval. I really wish they would combine them.

YEA! It makes me sweat a bullet here and there when it dawns on me and I go, "SHOOT!" When did it expire? :think:

They need to make a mail reminder just like they do for renewal of registrations...

Ok, Just informed by my son....   Nebraska no longer  issues direct  OL... they  issue  the  test,  take  my picture...  but  then it's  sent to  Virginia  for processing.   Really?? So, am I to assume  it  goes  to  Langley for   'adding  to the data base'???

ND is set for 4 year renewals on all drivers liscences on your B-Day.  I just renewed my CDL this summer, I look at mine every few months as a reminder as well, i would hate to go through all the retesting for regular liscence then the motor cycle and then the class A comercial liscence w/airbrake endorsement.

Now for the cdl you have to choose one of 4 options which include full blow interstate transportation / full time in state operation full time within 150 miles of home or just farm use only not for hire within state  and one for out of state personal use only.

It all comes down from federal regulations on what type of CDL physical paper work one needs and if it needs to be filed with state or federal or both.

Gets more confusing every time I renew.

Do you need to go in for routine physicals or eye exams at least?

A big reason for us having renewal process so often is with the older population they tend to push their limits and if they can not pass a simple eye test they do not get renewed.

Plus with folks moving into the state they are required to get new ND liscence if residing in ND permanent for more than a few month, but I think that is a federal rule there.

You get into habits that you have to work with.

For me, it's not forgetting licenses renewals, it's seat belts. I haven't hooked up since I've moved here and most no one does in the 3 counties around me. Then when you travel, it's a nightmare to remember and frustrating to wear them.

Last March I went over 2,000 miles and when my daughter seen us pull up, came to great us. A cop was driving by and asked why I was not wearing a seatbelt and all I could say was I was just repositioning the truck to park in the driveway. He mentioned I needed to hook up no matter what and left it at that. Then like an idiot, I drove to see my son a week later and went 550 miles and forgot again. 

It's hell getting old.

Not sure what I am going to do for a DL when I need to renew. I have a class A CDL, but now that a doctor told me I need to retire due to Menier's disease I can't get a DOT physical anymore so I guess I will drop down to the lowest one. Oh well, I don't need any 'fancy' CDL for driving my truck even with two trailers on........ Besides a Class D is way cheaper to get.

yep...  I'm  'legal' now. passed the  25 question written  test (4 wrong  answers) and  THOSE  answers  are to  subjects that have come up recently:   more  regulatory, and  not   actual driving   action.

driving test was easy peasy. hopped in  the  Toyota,   backed out  onto the  highway, drove  1 mile  @ 60 mph.   Turned into  a  farm drive, backed  out  and  headed  back into town. Did  2 round the blocks  in both  directions,  and  nosed  it  back  into the  park spot  in front of the  court house.

Now,   as  long  as I  don't  get my  card  revoked,  or  suspended, (and as  long  as I  don't  change address or  turn  72) I  can  re-new  ONLINE every  5 years.

• Staff

That's how I renewed mine this year. Went on line, paid the fee with the M/C card, and four weeks later had a new license with the old picture. Still had to go see the Doc for the CDL check up.  My wife, "the Speed Queen", had to go in to the DMV this year to get her's. I gess if you have points on your record they want to see you.

• Staff

That's how I renewed mine this year. Went on line, paid the fee with the M/C card, and four weeks later had a new license with the old picture. Still had to go see the Doc for the CDL check up.  My wife, "the Speed Queen", had to go in to the DMV this year to get her's. I gess if you have points on your record they want to see you.