• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well I finally got my Smarty S03 and installed the SW:5 software and HOLY **** the throttle response and bottom end power jumped up significantly!!! Huge difference and still drives very easy if you are putting around. I do have a couple questions for anyone that are familiar with these programmers.

1. I noticed that there is lots of smoke if you stab the throttle before the turbo lights off. Is this part of the programming and is there a way tor reduce this some? I realize that it's wasted fuel and I don't need to smoke an intersection just to I can get up to speed quickly.

2. I figured with about 60hp increase on the top end of the power curve it would raise my boost up some. I only see a 2psi increase at WOT. I am at 23psi. Is this normal or should I see higher boost numbers? It is hard to tell if I gained 60hp on the top end, I can feel a little difference but not 60hp worth...

Edited by Kotta390

well if I go to even numbers then it will be stock timing from how the directions read. I thought there was sub settings and I never saw any? Unless I have to go back in the second time and adjust it further?

Oh you are right. My bad on confusing you :doh:  You use the odd numbered presets so you can get fuel and timing. That should keep the smoke down a bit.

You also need a boost elbow for the HX35, so that you can up the boost. Keep tinkering away with it. Kinda like having your first Smart Phone... You'll figger it out...

Ed

Well currently where the boost elbow is, there is a plug in there. So in theory it should make as much boost as possible.

Smarty does boost fooling. I can easily peg 30 psi on my HX with no elbow,

I believe the OP probably has an HY.

Unless the turbo was replaced with an HY, it should have an HX considering it is a H.O. model truck. Also as stated just recently where the boost elbow should be, there is a plug there instead and the wastegate is non functional currently.

Well I finally got my Smarty S03 and installed the SW:5 software and HOLY **** the throttle response and bottom end power jumped up significantly!!! Huge difference and still drives very easy if you are putting around. I do have a couple questions for anyone that are familiar with these programmers.

1. I noticed that there is lots of smoke if you stab the throttle before the turbo lights off. Is this part of the programming and is there a way tor reduce this some? I realize that it's wasted fuel and I don't need to smoke an intersection just to I can get up to speed quickly.

2. I figured with about 60hp increase on the top end of the power curve it would raise my boost up some. I only see a 2psi increase at WOT. I am at 23psi. Is this normal or should I see higher boost numbers? It is hard to tell if I gained 60hp on the top end, I can feel a little difference but not 60hp worth...

From what I have read about the Smarty is that it increases the power on the low end and not the top end. Thats why some folks stack an Edge Comp with it, for the upper end. Definately not an expert on Smartys, just what I have read.

From what I have read about the Smarty is that it increases the power on the low end and not the top end. Thats why some folks stack an Edge Comp with it, for the upper end. Definately not an expert on Smartys, just what I have read.

I have heard this as well. When I rented the smarty from DAP last week I had it stacked with my comp. I have never felt such a complete power band since I have owned the truck. It just pulled clean through from idle all the way past 2500 rpms. It was amazing.

Unless the turbo was replaced with an HY, it should have an HX considering it is a H.O. model truck. Also as stated just recently where the boost elbow should be, there is a plug there instead and the wastegate is non functional currently.

Correct. It's only a 60 hp tune but with torque management it will feel like 120.

It's a somewhat dirty fueling .... timing and turbos and tuning will help clear up ...