• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok guys and girls, I have a good one for ya.

I was driving to work this morning and When I stopped at a light, I heard "ting, tang, thud". Something fell from in the dash and hit my foot. I thought maybe the clutch pedal rod retaining clip fell down. I made it to work and looked on the floor. Its an E style clip almost the same size as a quarter!!

Does anyone know where such a thing might have come from? I wiggled all the pedals back and forth and they didnt seem lose or anything.

I will go out in the day light today and take another peek at it. Help!! I dont know if its safe to drive right now.

Well the clip for the brake pedal rod is still on there as well. I think I may have come from the main assembly point where the pedals are hung from. There is one shaft that runs across that the brake and clutch pedals are hung from. Still cant see which end is missing a clip yet. Gotta get a mirror or pull down the knee bolster :banghead:

Ya I have always had older vehicles before this one. When the clip first fell out, I was very nervous because I hadnt ever seen anything like that under a dash before. I still dont understand why after all this time it would randomly fall off. They are really stiff and take a bit to get back on. I know there are bushings on that pivot shaft for the pedals to rotate on, maybe they are wore out? Maybe its letting things move around a bit and it was just enough to push that clip off. Maybe I will get back under there and see if there is any play in that shaft and pedals.

• 2 months later...

The clip for the clutch master cylinder rod is fine. It is the retainer clip that goes on the shaft that the clutch and brake pedals hang from that is giving me problems. It is way up under the dash almost against the firewall and top part of the dash. Number 4 in that diagram I posted yesterday.

Ya. Its a good thing that I am not a very big guy. I can barely get up in there to get that clip put back on. I just cant understand why it would pop off. The clip itself seems to be a little loose on that shaft so maybe I should just try to find on that is a hair smaller. Whenever it pops off next time I might just do that...