• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Led Underhood Lights

War Eagle

Think it would fit under the second gen hood? In the battle over halogen vs LED, this one wins. Those lights are crazy cheap. Great mod. Fits my criteria. Inexpensive and effective. More work than cost. Great job! With the insulator taken off my hood, that light should just blast down onto the engine. White paint on my truck ;-)

Edited by joecool911

Actually I would love to see more articles like this. If you want I can build you account on the article database and save me the time of converting everything...

I am planning to install the following items on my truck so if you want those kinds of things detailed in a write up then go ahead and sign me up: Hydraulic winch, free spin hubs, exhaust brake, front receiver and I may take a shot at LED foglights.

There could be other things as I go down the road. :spend:

Think it would fit under the second gen hood? In the battle over halogen vs LED, this one wins. Those lights are crazy cheap. Great mod. Fits my criteria. Inexpensive and effective. More work than cost. Great job! With the insulator taken off my hood, that light should just blast down onto the engine. White paint on my truck ;-)

I will check on my 2nd gen and let you know if this same assembly will fit.  Got about 10 inches of new snow last night so it may be a few days before I can get everything uncovered and check out the fit.

Would that light be bright enough to use as a backup light? My canopy is about 2' over cab height. Backing a trailer can be difficult in the dark. My thought was to cast a light from the drivers side top of the canopy and shine it back to be able to see the rear of my dumping trailer, which is dark blue and not visible in my outside mirrors.

Just looked at my 2nd gen truck and this LED light assembly will also work in the same location as on my 3rd gen.

The lip of the hood on the 2nd gen is several inches foward of the radiator support cross member.

Would that light be bright enough to use as a backup light? My canopy is about 2' over cab height. Backing a trailer can be difficult in the dark. My thought was to cast a light from the drivers side top of the canopy and shine it back to be able to see the rear of my dumping trailer, which is dark blue and not visible in my outside mirrors.

No this light wouldn't work well for that application at all.  I think you would want something that has a higher lumen out put and higher intensity light and something that is able to throw light at a longer range.  Of course they are going to be priced higher as well but there are a lot of very nice lights that would work well as backup lights or area work lights etc.