• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Do You Have A Smarty & Where Are You?

Big thanks to TFaoro for flashing my ecu today.   Great guy

Side note if you are running a quadzilla adr box ENSURE that your quad high idle is disabled before you try and turn Ed's switch to high idle.  The combo of the quad bumping the RPMS up and the high idle software will cause the truck to due and it will take some time for the vp to reprime :lmao:

• Like 1

Is your quad high idle enabled?

With the quad high idle enabled delay of 10 seconds, the truck would start to idle up from the quad then die almost immediately.  

As soon as I turned off my quads high idle the truck acted perfectly.

Ed should we setup a google maps thing of the states with icons for smarty owner locations?

Edited by me78569

Here is a test of what I was thinking.

2nd Gen Cummins Owner Map

Simple 2 step process to add a marker

SmartyMap1_zps1b3eceb9.png

Enter your Screen name, General Location ( address is not recommended), and details in the big box.  I would put what forum you are found on and terms of use of the smarty IE: 6 pack of chainbreaker IPA.  If you have a smarty and are willing to let someone use it to flash their ECM please use the RED Icon.  Blue is setup for users willing to lend a hand wrenching.  

SmartyMap2_zps251b78c7.png

Click Submit and Ok then you are done.  

What do you think Ed?  If I can figure out how to embed

Edited by me78569

About the map & people with a Smarty. Due to me being the manufacturer, I cannot do it. I will have a vendor screenname when the mods fix the account. When that is done, I have to follow very strict guidelines. Maybe michael can embed the map in the "High Idle Article section, as I will be allowed to link that on CF.

Ed

Here is a test of what I was thinking.

2nd Gen Cummins Owner Map

Simple 2 step process to add a marker

SmartyMap1_zps1b3eceb9.png

Enter your Screen name, General Location ( address is not recommended), and details in the big box.  I would put what forum you are found on and terms of use of the smarty IE: 6 pack of chainbreaker IPA.  If you have a smarty and are willing to let someone use it to flash their ECM please use the RED Icon.  Blue is setup for users willing to lend a hand wrenching.  

SmartyMap2_zps251b78c7.png

Click Submit and Ok then you are done.  

What do you think Ed?  If I can figure out how to embed

Great Idea. Always willing to help the fellow Cummins owners!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Just either call or go online to DAP in the electronics section for our trucks. You can either outright buy the smarty tuner, or rent one. The rental works like this..

You pay full price for the tuner, they send it to ya, you flash your truck (then return to stock tune), package it back up, put the provided return label back on the box, and send it back whatever way it was sent to you (Fedex,UPS, US Post, etc.), then they just credit back everything but $60 to your credit card.

It is a lot easier done than said really. They are some great folk that work down there and would be very helpful if you called. The whole process was very painless and I never had to go to the stealership.

Shipping is totally free by the way...