• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Want!

YabbaDoo

Being 6'.. well used to be 6' lost a bit of height (now 5'10" 3/4) due to missing cartilage from being hit by drunk drivers.. I don't have any reach issues :thumb1:  :tongue:

Alright girl, I am 6'4" and still keep a couple lengths of 6X6 to stand on when necessary. Your are making me jealous here.

• Like 1

I wonder how thick the aluminum is?  It looks nice, I like the ones with polished finish and no lower rake.  My buddy has a ranch hand, it is built pretty well and looks nice.  I always thought the hoops that go around by the headlights were not as beefy as they should be.  He still said mine is heavier built.  The thinnest thickness on it is 1/4".  I would hate to hit something without it.  With the flat stock on top laying across it and on top on the engine is quite comfortable.  Last time I did this to get at the ECM installing the PacBrake spent an hour during that, it wasn't fun getting back up.

post-1146-0-41362200-1391136575_thumb.jp

Lot of  my  trucker  guys   are running  the   'deer kicker'   on  their   rigs.   It's keeping  90%  of  those  vermin  out of  the  radiator,  but  most importantly,   out of  the  front  drag link!    They tell me  if  a   deer  gets  under the  truck,   it'll take  out the   drag link  'lickety split'  and  NO ONE   wants  a   80k  rig  without  steering!!     

Not  sayin   they  are   preventing   damage,  but  they  claim   at least  they  can  keep  going  after the  strike.

• Owner

Like myself I love some of the bumper and grill guard ideas. But to this day I can't seem to do it for two reasons.

1. I really don't want to add more weight to the truck and heavy steel bummer is out and aluminium bumper won't be worth it if it can't guard a simple deer at lower speeds (attempt to stop). Front axle is already at 4,400 pounds and 5,200 is limit so considering the rough dirt roads and the extra weight pounding on the axle wouldn't help matters much.

2. The fact that it makes working the truck difficult climbing over the top of the grill guard. I like the ability of kneeing on the bumper and doing most all work. But I sure pay the price working on other trucks with grill guards and such usually take on my damage to my lower back and my knees.

:whistle:  :whistle:  Deer Whistles only weigh a few ounces....  :whistle:  :whistle:  :thumbup2:

Those have been proven to be ineffective due to the fact they produce a constant sound. To get a deer's attention the sound needs to vary.

http://www.thevog.net/forum/thread/3439/deer-whistles-do-they-really-work-an-in-depth-report-by-fred-rau/