• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A rant, a rave, a consult?

hex0rz

This may get little long winded....

I'm supposed to go down to Spokane today and chew a car lot owners a$$ out for taking advantage of my in-laws...

So, the chevy truck they own, apparently has problems. Some of you may remember I brought up a thread about trying to fix it as it was getting poor fuel mileage and throwing codes. Well, they took it to a shop and it turned out to be the intake manifold gaskets. Okay, easy enough, lets get it fixed! Oh wait, now the transmission is going out? Thats debatable...

So they insist on going out and trying to get a different vehicle.. fine, its your life. I try to warn them about getting a vehicle and that they NEED to take me with them on anything they do! Well, one night I come home from work and there it is, a '02 dodge. WTF! So I grill them about it and the lot gave them 3 days with it to find out if they wanted it or not. I looked it over and even brought that one up in a thread as well. Never had a chance to get pics and pursue it further as they decided not to take it.

Well, time goes on and they keep looking. They get another weekend together and they head to Spokane. Little did I know they did this, as I told them next time they go anywhere go to a place I would go. Well, they don't go there!

Instead, they go to another car lot and get themselves into some trouble!

So, once again, I come home to see another truck in the driveway! This time, its an '06 1 ton cummins. I look the truck over and was not too fond of what I was seeing. Did not even look inside or open the hood!

The FIL was up and asked him about it and he said he was able to get it for a few days to decide. I see a bunch of paperwork on the counter and look it over. Well, according to this paperwork, they BOUGHT IT!

:mad:

I say, "hey, this verbage here scares me. You sure about this?"

He goes, "yea, the guy said he would write it up."

Then he says, "but, yea, we did not like it on the drive home, so were going to take it back."

Next day, I come home from work, again, now its this toyota forerunner, WTF! :duh:

I had to hear it from the wife... They went back to get their truck, and the owner of the lot WILL not give it back to them! So he gave them this loaner vehicle to drive until they could figure out what vehicle they wanted!

So, the next morning, I go in, look the paperwork over more, and technically yea, it all looks like they signed everything over to buy this '06 ram! :duh:

Now, here is the kicker, and you fellas tell me, the owner of the lot would not give them their truck back because they used that as part of a trade-in. This guy says they have already down work to it and on the transmission and it was NOWHERE to be found on the lot!

Now, here is where it gets interesting IMO:

The due bill says, verbatum:

"Dealer allow customer 3 days to have vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic for major mechanical problems, being engine or transmission problems. If a major mechanical problem is found at time of inspection, dealer can either fix problem or unwind deal, dealers choice. Otherwise sold as is No other free work promised.

Also says, void after 6/20/2014

NOW, tell me this, they had this truck for one day before they returned it. They did not get to fulfill the opportunity to get it looked over. They were told by the salesman, that this was going to allow them 3 days to decide if they wanted it. Instead, he writes this down. Classic bait and switch!

Heres what gets me... when they came back to tell them they wanted their truck back, these 3 days had not even passed yet, and they had already done stuff to their personal vehicle! HOW is this possible?! YOUR telling me that before this 3 day agreement was fulfilled that their may be a possibility this truck your trying to sell could have problems and that the deal could have fallen through and you already took their truck and did what you did?!

There was never an intention to let them have it back, period... This is what gets me, this is all total deception and they were co-erced into doing this. I asked them about all this paperwork and why they signed ANYTHING. They told me they thought it was required to get the vehicle to decide. :duh:

I'm not sure I can bring myself to tell you how much this snake in the grass sold this truck to them for, either! Its one of the most EXPENSIVE vehicles on the lot! Okay, it will total out to 27,100 after all is done and said! :mad:

Now, after looking this paperwork over, this due bill MAY be the only thing I have as physical evidence for anything as the rest of it looks legit, that they bought themselves an expensive turd. HOW can they have them sign for this truck the SAME day they go there, NEVER having the opportunity to get it checked out first!

After reading this over, I straight up called them, was not able to get in touch with the owner, but did get to talk to one of the snakemen. I firmly called them out on it and told them I would be there today to meet with the owner to b!tch him out about this.

I have threatened to go to the ATTORNEY GENERAL. I have also called a fellow salesman, which in all irony I actually respect. The man has been in the business for 27 years. Unfortunately, not able to see him in person. I did call him for a little consult over the phone about it and he says the whole thing is a bunch of garbage and they don't have a leg to stand on.

This lot co-erced my inlaws, which are seniors, btw, into a deal that they did not even have the opportunity to fulfill their end of the deal because they signed for it before the 3 days was even up. All they wanted was the ability to shake the loan out of them. The owner of the lot told them if they did not like the truck, they could get something else. I GOT NEWS BUDDY, I DON'T WANT YOUR BUSINESS!

We still have the title to their personal vehicle, too. HOW can they do any work on their truck before taking complete OWNERSHIP OF IT!

Alright, fellas, where could I go from here?!

• Staff

Most people take care of poison snakes properly. Through legal means, of course, I would go see about getting your family a free truck. Fraud means you are eligible for punative damages. This is clearly a case of fraud.

And makes me all the madder that they would take advantage of trusting senior citizens.

Edited by JAG1

...tell me about it. I talked to the bozo over the phone today instead of wasting my saturday. All I can say is I think he is a real piece of work. Its unfortunate, too, as he calls himself a christian man...

My problem is, what sort of physical evidence do I have to prove he has been fraudulent?

• Staff

Did the dealership dispose of the trade in? If they did, my question is how did they do that without the title?

Anthony, is there any remote chance  that the salesman is so honest and nieve (greenhorn) that they're willing to make an honest mistake right? Find out what they'll do without the attorney. I do think you have the upper hand here.

I ounce caught a business in a fraudulent action. They understood and credited my account for every bit of expense they caused to me by attempting to cheat.

Did the dealership dispose of the trade in? If they did, my question is how did they do that without the title?

I don't know what they have done to the truck. All I know is my in-laws told me they could not find it anywhere on the lot. I guess they told them they needed to sign something to sign for a lost title.... BIG RED FLAG

Anthony, is there any remote chance  that the salesman is so honest and nieve (greenhorn) that they're willing to make an honest mistake right? Find out what they'll do without the attorney. I do think you have the upper hand here.

I ounce caught a business in a fraudulent action. They understood and credited my account for every bit of expense they caused to me by attempting to cheat.

Nope, this man is one of the owners close friends, so they have been at this for a while. My mother just recently told me she felt like she got ripped off going through this place, too. Maybe a class action lawsuit may be in order!

I'm going to make my in-laws run down to the dealership that the guy I know works at. He said he would have one of his people look it over and give them some advice. If they say this is all illegal, I will be going to the attorney general.

• Owner

I don't know what to say to it at all. There is mistakes I see your in-laws made and mistakes that the dealer made. Personally I would of never left the lot till someone else inspected the vehicle either by you or a mechanic (other than the dealer).

I guess they told them they needed to sign something to sign for a lost title.... BIG RED FLAG

The only thing I can see here is that maybe the dealer is pull a low blow and filing a lost title on your in-laws vehicle. Because the vehicle is worthless without a title. Can't even crush one without a title.

I sent them to appleway toyota today and see if the guy I talked to about this can get them over to someone their that could give them some advice on their situation. If there are any problems, its straight to the attorney general. I will find out what they find out, tonight!

Otherwise, its unfortunately going to be another day down on Spokane dealing with this guy for a truck... :duh:

Believe me, I will give him a big run for his money, too, if it comes to it!

I don't know what to say to it at all. There is mistakes I see your in-laws made and mistakes that the dealer made. Personally I would of never left the lot till someone else inspected the vehicle either by you or a mechanic (other than the dealer).

The only thing I can see here is that maybe the dealer is pull a low blow and filing a lost title on your in-laws vehicle. Because the vehicle is worthless without a title. Can't even crush one without a title.

Thats the unfortunate thing, Mike. My in-laws live in the past and trust people with their word and a handshake. I know better and know it don't mean squat to many people anymore. Unless you sign on a dotted line, it is not so. I think this has been a big learning experience for them, though and hopefully has helped them wise up on things.

Well, they went to the toyota dealership, said there is nothing that can be done...

Guess I'm going to have to give this guy a run for his money. Update will come sunday!

Edited by hex0rz

Haha, well the road keeps on winding...

Were pulling all the strings here to try and get this to turn around. A family friend knows one of the owners and is getting in touch with him to see if something can be done about this situation.

We should know today or tomorrow. Until then, still scheduled for Sat.

:popcorn:

I looked them guys up..... how can they have so many good reviews treating folks like this? :think:

I'm partly to blame. You look for a lot to go to, you go to all these lots after the reviews(that you see) and you give them a "chance". Before you know it, the curtain is pulled and its too late. That and their is alot of naive people out there, too. People who just walk in and don't do their research, trust in the salesman and drive off the late never giving it a second thought...

ITS FINALLY OVER!!!!

I cannot say how happy I'am that this is finally done and over! UGH! :duh:

It was an exhausting day to say nonetheless, and people almost ended up in jail and the hospital, but eventually we all came around and got the wrinkles ironed out. There were many factors driving things in the direction they went and I believe that it all was necessary to happen in order to get to the position we ended up in....

Needless to say, we got renegotiated into a different vehicle, and one I believe that will suit my in-laws the best. My options in what they could get into was slim and only had so much to work with. I think it was the most optimal given what was available.

Heres a link to the truck:

http://www.spokaneautomax.com/spokane-used-gmc-sierra-389577.html

http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/4483383553.html

I test drove it and did not have much to complain about. Got the pricing renegotiated and actually got them into this truck for an even cheaper monthly payment than the dodge was that they were going to be stuck with!

Its newer than I would have liked it to be, but like I said, I had only so much to work with. I was looking at the manual and this truck has a 6-speed allison! It can pull a 13,900 5th wheel and has like a 6200lb, RAWR!

This thing could pull my 5th wheel, no problem. I was having a little fun with it too, as it has a manual setting in the gear selection and I can shift manually on the gear select lever!

I think this is a very good match for what they have plans for!

Needless to say, persevering and keeping faith in God, we can trust that he will see us through any situation and bring good out of any of it!

At the end of the day, I was willing to shake the mans hand, forgive him, and move on. Will I ever consider doing business with them again? No. But at this point, there comes a time you just have to let things go, and accept that what is done, is done.

:thumb1: