• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck curb weight!

Well I had to haul some scrap to the local yard and after everything was emptied I weighed the truck with me in it and it weighed 6440lbs with me in it. 245lbs. Does my truck only weigh that much?? I had 3/4 tank of fuel and it's a 2wd. Seems a lot lighter than I expected??

• Like 1

my truck is any where between 7900 to 8300 depending on fuel. My truck is also list as a 8800 hd on the door im not sure if that means anything. I have always thought that was a lot. I know 32 ft springdale and my truck are over 20k. When we get all our stuff load in.

Edited by tsmithnw

I suppose it would be another couple hundred lbs less if I didn't have a dually. Well either way I am fine with the weight, just lighter than I thought. My 2006 Hemi Ram QC 2wd was 5400lbs without me in it and a full tank of gas. That truck was pretty damn heavy for a 1/2 ton and it still ran 14.30s in the 1/4 with a SCT programmer and 4.56s lol. Of course I wouldn't dare put this truck on the dragstrip, it would hurt my feelings too bad haha...17secs or worse probably :)

Well I had to haul some scrap to the local yard and after everything was emptied I weighed the truck with me in it and it weighed 6440lbs with me in it. 245lbs. Does my truck only weigh that much?? I had 3/4 tank of fuel and it's a 2wd. Seems a lot lighter than I expected??

Scrap yard  scales  may  not be the best place to  find true  'tare'...   or  empty wt.      they do ok for  finding the  net,  but  probably not  'zeroed' very often...      you might be off  2-300  in your   empty wt... 

I agree with the others,   your  2wd  seems pretty close to   average

you have aluminum rims?  Makes  a difference!

Edited by rancherman

No aluminum wheels. I have a dually and they are heavy steel. Do they make lighter wheels for my truck?

I  was  going off your  avi pic,   and   seen  the  shiny wheels....    Thought you may have  aftermarket  rims.     

Aluminum  saves  what,  20 lbs  a   wheel?   

Oh yes,   'they'  make   lighter wheels  for your  truck!!  :evilgrin:

I  was  going off your  avi pic,   and   seen  the  shiny wheels....    Thought you may have  aftermarket  rims.     

Aluminum  saves  what,  20 lbs  a   wheel?   

Oh yes,   'they'  make   lighter wheels  for your  truck!!  :evilgrin:

Oh god...that scares me. Who makes wheels for my truck that are lighter and won't cause me to sell my testicles to buy them?

Edited by Kotta390

Alcoa conversion,  not  what you probably needed to hear!  The family jewels WILL  hate you... 

I thought  there were  aluminum jobbies out there,  but for dually,  I now see it's   usually a  steel rim and  a  nice bright  cover.  Had me fooled.