• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thoughts on Edge EZ vs Superchips Flashpaq vs Other Econo Tuners

Thanks for the update Andrew! I'm really tempted to purchase this now! Are you running on a stock trans? What mode were you using at the time that you got boost up to 32psi? Was the boost fooler/elbow part of the EZ package or did you buy one from somewhere else?

Sorry for all the questions, you just got me amped up now that taxes are done! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Not meaning to hi-jack this thread but I know of a guy who has a quad adrenaline for sale.  Would it be a rip at $250 used???  I have a power puck on my truck now and I'm pretty happy with it but I was just curious about trying something different.  Not really something I need but......

• 2 weeks later...

Update today and help needed: Pulled the 9000lb. 5th wheel 1000 miles in about 24 hours time to Florida. Used the ez on level 3 most of the time and it ran awesome. Just the power increase I was looking for and really liked the fuel economy, averaged about 12 mpg on the way down with about 350 miles mountain and windy interstate. Now, about the boost fooling- I put a simple turnbuckle on my hy 35 before I left to help it build pressure. I am now wondering if I should pull it off because of the abrupt defuellung at 28 to 30 lbs of boost (telling me the ez does not in fact do fooling. Though, I've never seen boost that high before, I attribute it to the ez's fuel increase) Would it be better to leave it on and defuel, or take it off and let the waste gate open? My thoughts would be the gate opening would keep the fuel coming , but would raise egt temps. Fyi, the trans ran 110 to 130 in overdrive for 95 percent of the drive, only heating to about 180 once in slow traffic. Egt's ran 900 most of the ride, with 600 lows to 1100 highs in the mountains lugging before shifting out of OD. What do you guys think?

Just got back from the 2000 mile trip. Truck ran awesome and I averaged 12.5 mpg over 2100 miles with the ez on 3 most of the time. The real issue with the turnbuckle is that it builds so much boost, the truck won't go over 70 or so on any type of grade and when you get to a 5 percent or more hill, it slows to 55 or 60- not because the motor can't do it, but because of the defuelling. I still need to check the codes

• Staff

I've been running my EZ on #2 with a boost elbow. When I'm going up a long grade of 5% or more the boost goes to 26 psi and the settles down to 24 psi and stays there. Now that's with the O/D locked out and speed set at 55-60 mph with about a 9000 lb load behind me. There are no temp problems, defueling, or codes set. The fuel mpg is about 10.5 when I go north to Reno (there are several long 6% grades to go up) and 12.5 heading south to home.

• 7 months later...
  • Staff

It hasn't been a priority with me. Living in So Cal it hardly ever rains, been in a drought the last 4 years. The last time the truck was driven in the rain was the second week of last May when I was in Wyoming. If I was to fashion something it would probably be a sturdy hard plastic container (Tupperwear®) with a removable top and cut a slit in the side for the wires to pass through. I would then seal the slit with clear silicone RTV and mount it on top of the relay box with Velcro®.

• Like 1

• Staff

Had my trans rebuilt at 63K. Front band went out and all the junk,( band and clutch material) , took out the torque converter. I did a lot of backing up with my 5er and didn't have a trans temp gauge so I cooked the fluid and destroyed the transmission. I haven't had a problem since.

11 minutes ago, notlimah said:

CSM, that was something I had thought of as well, just not sure where it would fit on/in the box. :think:

Primarily, connectors.  Then I would take the cover off the box (if it is like the juice modules) and RTV any gaps or holes before re assembly.  Although, it has been a while since I had a juice module to compare.

• 2 weeks later...

So when I got my truck it had a edge mileage max. My injection pump went out in the fall so it was replaced and then the next summer I started having some missing, lack of power, sputter what ever you want to call it and a hard start when starting so I took off the edge mileage max and the sputtering  etc went away. I got the hard start fixed by rewiring the lift pump to go off during cranking.  Since I drive by edge products every day. I took the mileage max  to them. They tested it and said it was bad and offered me a discount on something  new. So I've been without for a year and a half now. I really want to get better gas mileage so hooked the miliage max  back up and it's been running great for a couple weeks now. Very weird I was told it was bad. Seems to work fine now I think my mileage has improved and I can tell there is little  more power then without  it. I have the BHAF, high idle mpg kit bigger exhaust, winter fronts, scangauge ii, and I run 2 cycle oil. 

Edited by lrhull

A set of RV275's gave me a nice little bump in power and mileage. I ran a Banks Ottomind on mine long before the RV's with no mileage gain but good a power boost. I am running am Edge comp now and like it very much. Got a little mileage bump out of it also. I dont know much about the lesser tuners. 

• Like 1