• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty Touch!

AH64ID

• Staff

http://madselectronics.com/SmartyTouch.html

I have had this in my truck for a couple months now and it's a very nice display and gauge.

I have been running the EGT probe post-turbo and removed my Ultra Gauge.

The unit itself is very user friendly, and easy to read.

Some of the things I really like are how bright the colors/display is during the day but dim's perfectly at night, and the max value feature. There are many PID's for my 05 that were not available with the UG or SGII, and the 06+ trucks have even more than the 05. 

For UDC users the Touch will hold multiple tunes for changing between tunes, this is not on the fly but a PC is not required for each UDC tune change.

• Like 3

• Staff

May I ask if you a tester now for Smarty?

I have had the privilege, and pleasure, of testing stuff for MADS/Smarty since the Jr started Beta testing the tunes/Revo in 2008. It has been a lot of fun, and educational on the UDC side, to be able to test stuff.

• Like 1

I would hate to be marco. Im sure he has been stressed this last year.

Im kinda at a cross roads right now. I got a license for efi live (I was given two efi live licenses when efi came out for cummins and did some testing for erick brown). So I have a free license or do I buy the smarty touch since I want to run a cts. I guess it will depend on how much it is.

I guess it will depend on how much it is.

http://madselectronics.com/pricing.html

Seems a tad pricey but it does seem very well versed. Also, if I understand correctly, one unit will tune any Cummins engine from 98.5-12. While I'm sure they still VIN lock the units this is a plus and would allow the owner to keep the unit even if he purchased a newer truck.

• Staff

I would hate to be marco. Im sure he has been stressed this last year.

Im kinda at a cross roads right now. I got a license for efi live (I was given two efi live licenses when efi came out for cummins and did some testing for erick brown). So I have a free license or do I buy the smarty touch since I want to run a cts. I guess it will depend on how much it is.

I don't see a truck in your sig that EFI works on??

• Staff

There have been several questions about multiple UDC tunes on a Touch, so here is how mine looks. I have 3 loaded on the Touch. It's not shift on the fly, but still a easy and fast change if needed.

IMG_1773.jpg

Some other things I have noticed the Touch does that the S-06 doesn't do is it keeps your PoD setting between tunes and remembers the tire size, even if you go to stock and back to a tune.

I get it cheaper

And it can be used just like any other programmer. Return it to stock and use it on another vehicle. A smarty cts is around 1200.

You inquired about price, just tryin to help.

The older style Smarty can be used from truck to truck of the same generation. The way I understand it these will work from 98.5 up to 12 trucks, which is not like any other programmer at all.