• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auto Tranny Replacement lines, fitting sizes?

If you want the most reliable and probably the most expensive is this:

find a hydraulic line shop that makes lines for anything and everything the group I used was call hyquip I spent about 300 for every single cooler line to be made out of a product called blue braided- basically material what you would find on a cat front end loader.

Install and don't look back.

I know it is probably overkill but my reasons where simple I spent one year hauling equipment from Wisconsin to North Dakota one time I blew a cooler line 400 miles from home around ST Paul.  I was stuck in a hotel for three days with my truck trailer and a brand new transmission with less than 5000 miles on it paranoid I screwed it up I had the shop that did the work tow it to a shop of there's in Lacrosse.  They fixed the lines and I preceded to drive home, except I didn't make it about 150 miles from home the other line next to the first one that goes to the water to oil cooler on the block blew.  Stranded again it was towed all the way to there shop and fixed this time with copper lines hoping flexibility would win.

if you guessed I'd blow those in no time you would be correct they lasted two months, so I went to the Dodge dealer and said WTF and  my friend who works there recommended me to hyquip and said his charger and all his buddy classic Mopars get plumbed by these guys went there with my fittings and lengths of hoses needed and they were done in a day

As far as the transmission shop Dunhams they then installed these lines for me free of charge as well as covered all other costs on everything else down to the rental car that I drove home great shop in my opinion

Sucks I just put the cab back on otherwise I could have gotten better pictures I will post in an hour or so     

Edited by MoparFreak1988

Well NAPA Failed me today, the part number for the line ordered was the wrong line, the line in the package did not match the pic on the website description. more waiting. Should have just used amazon.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Transmission-Oil-Cooler-Line/_/R-NDF8275296_0463317442

Edited by banzaitoyota

You should be able to get the fittings at just about any auto parts store or a tranny shop.

All in the area have to order. NAPA, O Reily, Auto Zone, Advance, HArleys (local independent) really really sad state of affairs. lots of mudguards, steering wheel covers and curb feelers in stock though

• Staff

Just to make sure any new hoses and fittings will withstand the psi, What pressure levels are we talking about?

Also... would it be possible to place a inline canister type filter on the lines and get rid of the factory filter? Probably not much benefit since you should drop the pan anyway to adjust the bands

Thanks, Mike

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

I just took my 47re auto trans out of my 99 Cummins 4x4 and installed a NV4500. I have all the cooler lines still as I took them all off with caution because they weren't leaking and I bought the longest one from Dodge for $151 a year and half ago. Which lines do you need? The only lines that I cut were the two rubber lines that head to the trans cooler in front of the radiator on the driver's side.

Let me know.