• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another one in California

Steairn

Hey everybody - I'm pretty new to the site, not to mention diesel trucks. I'm in SoCal, so... yay smog exemption!

My new used truck, a 2nd gen Dodge cummins turbo diesel, has quite a few undiagnosed problems so I was trolling around looking for repair information on the internet - leading me here.

Hope we can all help each other out, since I'm betting by the time this truck runs to my comfort level I'll be rather knowledgeble about making mistakes - and hopefully fixing them!

See y'all around!

• Staff

Welcome to the forum.

I think the second gen styling is going to end up being a classic. Out of all the generations it's still the best looking. And seems the older its styling the better it seems to get. That's a problem though because mine is getting so nice lookin' I'm afraid to drive it for fear of wrecking it. :)

Don't forget to post up a signature of what your truck has got on it.

Edited by JAG1

Well, I wish I could tell what I really have but the guy who sold it to me was a liar and unfortunately his empty words are all I've got since I haven't had time/cash for a mechanic to check it yet - for example, he said 4x4 worked, and it FELT like it did but I couldn't thoroughly test it at the time and decided to trust him... turns out the front wheels aren't getting any power.

It's supposed to be a 1995 Dodge 2500 4x4 SLT with the 12v 5.9L cummins diesel engine and rear limited slip differential.

He claimed a bunch more improvements but, well who knows until I disassemble everything myself or I pay someone to.

Also, as for Riverdale... I don't even know where that is - a street? Sorry I haven't done as much local touring as I should.

Edited by Steairn

Riverside is next to the 60 / 15 freeway east of LA and is 'bout 100 miles north of el cajon, which is in the north / east corner of san diego.

Welcome to the site Steairn, and you can only trust someone selling a vehicle as far as you can through the vehicle, past that, you pay a mechanic to check it out if your unfamiliar with them.

• 1 month later...