• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Re-locating Frantz system

ADawg

So I need to relocate my Frantz system it is currently located on the exhaust manifold but the metal plate keeps bending and I think I want to relocate it to the frame. So my question is where can I get more of the oil line from? The line is a high temp and high pressure line so exactly how hot? The hose I have been looking at are good for 190 degrees I think that is to low. On Frantz website they want $80 for a a 8 foot section. So any thoughts guidance would be much appreciated.

There is a hydraulic store where I live but they close before I get off of work and they are closed on weekends.We do not have any farm fleet stores here. I have not tried autopart stores thats worth looking into. I am just looking for the same type of hose 300 psi high temp stuff. Thanks for the help guys

Where exactly are you to not have any sort of truck or equipment stores around? :shrug:

Literally any sort of equipment dealer will / should have the basics to make or sell bulk hose be it a truck shop or any kind of equipment dealer. Even equipment rental places that have their own service centers could help.

That is my understanding. I think Deborah is out of the picture.

Wow, Deborah's prices were a lot better. Like $200. I think I got everything in my

Kit besides the oil filter spacer block/oil pickup for like $249. Not sure Ida spent $469.

Edited by joecool911

So I found this but my concern is the temp which is for 212 the oil gets hotter than that right? So would those start to detoriate?

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Push-Lock-Barb-Lock-On-Style-LOC-Hose-1-4-Blue-Gates-LOL-Plus-Lock-On-Hose/_/R-GAT85967_0154384425

I personally would not run that hose on a lubrication application like engine oil, push lock can pop apart and you are correct in the heat issue, your engine oil can get hotter than that and the spot that would come apart would be at the fitting.

Look for Aeroquip hose with reusable fittings, it would fit the bill a bit better than push lock in this instance.

Just a quick hose search for Henderson area popped up several options.

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Hydraulic+Hoses+%26+Fittings/S-NV/T-Henderson/

That is my understanding. I think Deborah is out of the picture.

Wow, Deborah's prices were a lot better. Like $200. I think I got everything in my

Kit besides the oil filter spacer block/oil pickup for like $249. Not sure Ida spent $469.

If you look under bypass kits they have them for like 245 also an 8ft section of hose is like 70$ crazy!