• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diamond eye exhaust

• Owner

I have the DE 5" straight and love it, its a great sounding system and I get no drone towing or empty.  My whole truck has been undercoated therefore making it even less loud in the cab.  I usually roll down my passenger window to enjoy the beautiful song of the cummins.  I may try to do a video tomorrow if I have time.  You will enjoy it, I'm sure of it.

Fire it up on youtube I want to hear this... :thumb1:

• Like 1

I can tell you that all the years of running straight pipe 3" exhaust everyone always was shocked at how quiet my truck was. Now they are really blown away because there is more turbine noise now and way less drone and exhaust noise.

I just figure I can always add a resonator, not the other way around!

Brian,

Looking forward to the video when you get the chance to get it uploaded!

I just got an email notifying me that my exhaust had shipped so I'm planning on putting together a comparison video. I did a couple quick clips while driving today so I have the before, I want to get one clip of it sitting idle and then I'll do the same once I get the diamond eye installed.

I did the install with the truck sitting on the ground but it's on 35's, so plenty of room for me to work under it and pretty much sit most of the places without issue. If you carry a spare tire you will probably have to remove it .I carry mine in the bed of my truck.

Well I got my exhaust in and everything looks good! I was reading through the instructions and it said to cut the stock exhaust in a couple places with a hacksaw or something similar. Unfortunately I don't have a hacksaw so I'm going to have to crawl under the truck and see if it looks possible to get the stock exhaust off without cutting anything. The 4in is WAY bigger then I thought it would be though! haha I'm excited to hear how it sounds!

Well I got my exhaust in and everything looks good! I was reading through the instructions and it said to cut the stock exhaust in a couple places with a hacksaw or something similar. Unfortunately I don't have a hacksaw so I'm going to have to crawl under the truck and see if it looks possible to get the stock exhaust off without cutting anything. The 4in is WAY bigger then I thought it would be though! haha I'm excited to hear how it sounds!

I tried leaving mine in one piece when I did my exhaust and I didn't figure out any way of doing it. I ended up making two cuts in my stock system, one a little behind the down pipe and another just before it goes up over the rear axle. Then it came right out.

I tried leaving mine in one piece when I did my exhaust and I didn't figure out any way of doing it. I ended up making two cuts in my stock system, one a little behind the down pipe and another just before it goes up over the rear axle. Then it came right out.

Ditto, sawsall, at least 2 cuts

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I figured. When I put my exhaust on my GMC is was the same situation, tried saving the stock exhaust if possible but just really wasn't any other way around it, but only needed one cut on that.

Now my problem is I currently only have a hacksaw which might be ok for the stock exhaust, but the instructions said it might be needed for the DE. Did you guys have to cut any pieces of the DE to get it to fit correctly? I'm using the muffler replacement piece so I'm hoping I don't have to!

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I figured. When I put my exhaust on my GMC is was the same situation, tried saving the stock exhaust if possible but just really wasn't any other way around it, but only needed one cut on that.

Now my problem is I currently only have a hacksaw which might be ok for the stock exhaust, but the instructions said it might be needed for the DE. Did you guys have to cut any pieces of the DE to get it to fit correctly? I'm using the muffler replacement piece so I'm hoping I don't have to!

I had to cut my MBRP exhaust in one section. I forget if it was 3/4" or an 1.5", but after the cut the hangers lined up much better. Chopsaw with a metal blade is the cleanest way.