• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Window Deflector

There was some talk on here about window deflectors a while ago.  My B day is coming up and I thought I would put it on my wish list.  Is there a brand or style that is better than others? What are your recommendations? 

My buddy has weatherTech and they seem like nice quality. I just ordered a set from Lund they were less expensive so I hope they won't be "cheap". As far as I know they are held on by that double sided foam tape stuff.

Edited by Buzzinhalfdozen

• Owner

No double side tape or gluing required. Just tuck it right into the window channel and the glass pinches it into place. It can't be removed with the windows rolled up. You can leave your windows down 1-2 inches and vent the cab all day long. Just lower the windows a little bit and using any vent setting other than MAX A/C will draw air through faster. So like defogging glass turn your DEF on and it will pull more air into the glass. Another is put it on A/C (not MAX A/C) and crack your windows and it will cool the cab off faster.

post-1-0-14542900-1432752905_thumb.jpg post-1-0-26003600-1432752994_thumb.jpg post-1-0-15151800-1432753092_thumb.jpg post-1-0-97562600-1432753189_thumb.jpg post-1-0-18052200-1432753284_thumb.jpg

My buddy has weatherTech and they seem like nice quality. I just ordered a set from Lund they were less expensive so I hope they won't be "cheap". As far as I know they are held on by that double sided foam tape stuff.

hope you like them! i posted about my LUND deflectors last week or so.... mine fit into the window channel, sleek fit!    Yes they have 3M tape.

just dont flex them to hard!, my one broke but LUND replaced them for free!! :thumb1:   [ it was my fault] 

Edited by organicfarmer

I have the Weather Tech window vents on my cars and the gen 2 rig and I have been happy with them.  I use them for all the door windows (4 per) and on the gen 2 I use them over the windows on the extended cab suicide doors.  Those you can't tuck into any window channel so those on installed with the double sided tape.  Been on the truck for a little over 10 years now and zero problems.

On the gen 3 truck I went with Putco and they have a slightly different design.  They have multi-facet surface (rather than a smooth surface) which seems to make them very stiff and sturdy.  Like the creases that are put in sheet metal flat surfaces to stiffen them.  (see picture below)

I also think the plastic is thicker than my Weather tech vents.  I also like these units and would probably choose them again if I was buying new units. 

post-558-0-34915100-1432908933_thumb.jpg

• Staff

i have the Lund on my truck. The right one cracked a while back, can't remember why, put some glue on it and its been fine.

With the wipers on and the window open an inch or two, water will come into the cab around the deflector.

post-628-0-67874600-1432953260_thumb.jpg

Edited by IBMobile

• Staff

The weather techs tuck under, I never knew about a leak problem. The 3-m tape may be hard on paint surfaces, not sure, only reason I'm thinking this is  my body side molding is coming loose in places and the paint is bubbling under the 3-m tape.