• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bumper welding this weekend

A buddy is going to help me weld together my CCP front bumper this weekend. Is disconnecting both negative battery cables sufficient protection for electrical systems on the truck. We gotta tack weld it together on the truck to get the correct shape. Then remove for best angles to run the long welds on the bench.

• Like 1

Actually brush on. Lays out nice. Pretty amazing stuff. Tough as nails. Has glass particles in it so it's almost impossible to remove. The real Hammerite is so much better than hammered rustolium. And rustolium is taking over the market. Had to mail order the Hammerite.

• Like 1

As you can see I still need a grill surround. Thinking of going black. That faux chrome peels off anyway. There are some on eBay for like $35. I figure it's just the beauty ring and not the whole grill. Got both headlights from Eagle Eyes. Since I plan on doing the fog/driving light mod I figured stockish headlights were fine at $40 each. If they get a haze on them, just buy new ones. I figure someone or something will hit me soon enough and need replacing anyway. One deer on 4th of July 2014 and a dumb kid in May 2015. Between the two accidents I got $3,700.

Here is the grill/light guard available from CCP. Thing is they want $499 plus shipping for it. Seems high. Seems like I could get some tube bent locally and save money. I kinda wanted to make the center section removable anyway so I could stand on the bumper for work under the hood.

4249B0FD-791F-40D9-9BC7-E1855CD68AF9.jpg