• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Performance Tuners

• Staff

I'm running the Edge EZ with a boost elbow and pull an 8,000 lb 5er with a boat behind that at 55+ up the 6% grades on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada a few times a year. What ever you decide on make it so that it is easily removable so you can pass the SMOG test. Having any comp box under the hood is an automatic failure. I'd take the box out and leave the boost elbow on and drive it easy to be tested so as not to set a code for over boost.

If only you knew how great the smarty / TST was.... Smarty's timing curves are way better than edges for performance!

If could find a used tst I'd buy one. I rarely use the compas it is due to wanting to use the smarty for timing.

Hey now.. Us Ohio folk like to say it adds character.. But mine is somehow rust free... Yes you do find the few that are.. But you haven't smelled heaven until you fire that diesel up at -10 degrees... Smells so good... Then you try to drive off and it sounds like it's gonna blow up and your edge won't work right in the cold, gauges go nuts. Tells you you're running 100psi fuel pressure one second and zero the next and your boost reads 7psi all day and throws and underboost code lol.. Once it warms up to about 15 it all squares away haha

• Like 1

• Staff

Smog testing is a real pain in the pocketbook. I just did my son's car and this week I have to do my work van. I'm lucky because I take the vehicles to a smog and repair shop. I refer a lot of business to them that I ether can't do or don't want to do. They turn a blind eye to a lot of stuff on my vehicles and just pass them like the EZ under the hood. 

Yep the smog testing is a big pain in the butt.  Its all about revenue and nothing to do with polution.  That's one consideration I have to look at is the ability to be able to take it off and put it back to factory when I smog it.  The Edge EZ looks like the ticket for me.  I have an 88 jeep cherokee that I built a 4.7 liter stroker motor for and have larger injectors and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and had to make a voltage regulator for the MAP sensor and it runs so clean it wiill pass smog without the cat on it.  I keep it off until I have to smog it then I put it on, smog it,  and take it off. 

Ok on another note, what is a boost elbow?

• Owner

Be careful with the Edge EZ they are known to leak water inside the case of the unit and eat the circuit board. The only difference between the Edge Comp and Edge EZ is the Edge Comp is mounted inside the cab also has 1 extra wire (pump tap). Now if you want to tap the pump you can do this with a Stealth Plate. This makes it super easy for smog time take 5 screws out remove the plate and put the stock cover back on. No wire tap. Edge Comp will give in the cab control where the Edge EZ has jumper in the box. Both Edge Comp and EZ both hook to the MAP sensor and the CANBUS. But the Edge Comp will give 25 different setting for smoke control and fuel/timing vs. only 3 setting of the EZ.

stock-vp44-pump-cover.jpg

wire-tap-installed.jpg

Edge EZ setting... As you can see you have to remove the end cap to set it.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/data/500/22074EZ_jumpers.jpg

Edge Comp in the cab adjustment.

edge-comp-install.jpg