• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ISSPro EV2 R82003 Programming Cable

• Owner

First off before I start I have to say "Thank you" to Aden at GOS Performance for sending me the R82003 Programming cable for ISSPro EV2 gauges.

So now I know I got to create a write up for this but... Wow! This is way cool. All ISSPro EV2 gauges have a red warning light in the bottom. The light is programmable to any setting you wish. So like for example I'll do the pyrometer gauge. We all tend to use 1,200 for a breaking point. So on the software you simply set the pyrometer to set the light if above 1200.

post-1-0-80497600-1436996191_thumb.png

Hit you program button and takes about 3-5 seconds to flash the gauge. Now after programming my limits the light react normally now. So like at key on (not running) the fuel pressure light is on but boost and pyro are off.

My settings are...

Boost 35-60 PSI light ON

Fuel pressure 0-13 PSI light ON

Pyrometer 1200-1600 light ON

Now I have the same features as Edge Juice or Smarty Touch without being wrapped up in a module.

Now there is another kit I might jump into which you can program a relay on the back of the gauge to turn things on or off depending on settings. Now this would take it over the top of what Edge Juice or Smarty could do... :wink:

Even better yet... Still able to do all this on a Linux PC... VirtualBox and Windows 7... :linux:

• Like 2

But I can set this for many different parameters not just a few gauges, I have 4 dash boards with up to 6 parameters I can monitor on each with a simple touch. Touch is coming along with many more additional cool features supposedly for us early 3rd genners. :tongue:

• Like 1

• Owner

But I can set this for many different parameters not just a few gauges, I have 4 dash boards with up to 6 parameters I can monitor on each with a simple touch. Touch is coming along with many more additional cool features supposedly for us early 3rd genners. :tongue:

One step beyond Smarty reach...

http://www.isspro.com/page.php?page=News

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-11375-isspro-ev2-programmable-output-driver.aspx

I like poking at Bill its soooo much fun... :poke:

• Like 1

• Staff

I run EV2's and a Touch... they both do things the others can't. 

I run my pyro at >1250°..the most common "max continuous" EGT for a tuned motor. 

boost at >38

fuel psi at <3

oil pressure at <15

drive pressure >75??? It's not installed and I don't recall exactly what pressure it is at. 

• Owner

Here we go started putting together photos and screen shots.

So its basically a plug N play type of thing. The only thing you have to watch is when you do this for the first time you'll need to break the plastic out of the back of the gauge carefully to gain access to the USB port. Then you'll notice I've taken a sharpie marker and dotted the back of the gauge so I never forget the position.

post-1-0-49361800-1437009187_thumb.jpg

The red wire should be on the left.

post-1-0-10239600-1437009270_thumb.jpg

So all plugged in you you'll have...

post-1-0-27562500-1437009105_thumb.jpg

For Linux User you need to have a VirtualBox setup with Windows. In my case I have Windows 7. You'll need to install the software and the USB drivers for the gauge. Once you have the software installed make sure to have the gauge plugged in before starting the software.

post-1-0-75779600-1437009363_thumb.jpg

Basically all I've used is the function to set the warning light. You can set it to come on below a limit or come on above a limit. Just toggle the switch on what you want. The far right warning dial is the one you use for that. Make sure you select the right gauge to since there is a very large list of different gauges you can program. There is the setting for the output driver as well but I don't have it yet. Changing panel lighting brightness to your liking. There there is a Advanced Setting switch that you can change the reaction speed of the gauge too. You can set the gauge for test mode which will cause the needle to sweep full span once you plug the gauge back into your truck.

post-1-0-88875400-1437009673_thumb.png

As for plugging and unplugging the gauge I've got a handy pair of long nose pilers that are bent. Awesome for reaching behind the gauge and pulling the plug or getting it restarted on the pins.

post-1-0-63942900-1437009448_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-63465400-1437009537_thumb.jpg

As you'll see the fuel pressure gauge now lights up because of no fuel pressure. The other gauges are off because they need to cross a high limit.

post-1-0-93044800-1437009621_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I got the impression that he doesn't need anything else then a fuel pressure gauge.

I have watched boodt leaks when towing cause egt spikes, climbing hills and when passing.

So did I, but there is a pyro in his sig???

Altitude, rpms, temperature, wind, etc can all vary EGT's by a very broad spectrum. At sea level and 1800 rpms I can't hit 1250, at 4K feet it takes about 15 seconds WOT, and at 8K feet it takes about 5 seconds WOT.

Too many variables not to tow with a pyro... unless you have qucik spooling twins and 350 rwhp :-) even then...