• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trump our man?

joecool911

Hes strong. Said some bad things and may be uncompliant, but he says a lot of the right things the GOP doesn't have the balls to come out and say. It would be nice if the conservatives would support him. This division in the conservative party is disheartening. We need them to unite. We need a strong leader and people like Cruz, Rubio, Paul and Carson to get on the same page.

Trump gets a lot of bad knocks, but I'm tired of all the mainstream politicians. At this point I'd support him over the rest of the herd.

There has certainly been far worse in the White House.  That having been said, Trump is a hard core progressive.  He DOES bring LOTS of attention to and express views about issues that I strongly agree with.  He is still a progressive.  I had high hopes for Ted Cruz but he has turned out to be another slicky boy politician that likes to make back room deals.  Rand Paul completely flip flopped on every issue that made him attractive as a Libertarian.  The final straw was endorsing Mitch McConnell.  I would not even consider the rest due to their views on guns.  I have no idea what Trump's position is on guns and the 2nd amendment.  IF he supports the 2nd amendment as well as the rest of the Constitution as written and original intent, I would vote for him for the single purpose of burning the so called Republican party to the ground.  At this point, in my opinion, there is NO or nearly no difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.  BOTH are progressives and the Dems will get the nation to collapse faster but BOTH WILL get us there.  In the event anyone is unsure of what I mean when I use the term Progressive........a Progressive is a modern hybrid between a Marxist and a Fascist.   

I like a LOT of what I hear from Trump but I have been around this game long enough to know that even though I like a lot of what Trump stands for, I am cognizant enough to know that he will likely behave just like the current impostor to the presidential office only in different ways.  Trump could be a wrecking ball to the current Marxist regime and pull the nation back on track or he could be as much of a tyrant that the current impostor to the presidential office is and pull the nation far off track in the opposite direction.   

This all CANNOT be layed at the Trumps feet or any other single person.  I believe that America as a nation, people, and culture (not all) have become so wicked, immoral, vile, and evil that God has turned his back to this nation.  The grace and favor that God once shed on this nation and its people is gone and it will be hard won to get it back if we ever win His favor and grace back. 

I DO NOT recognize this nation any longer and to a great extent feel like a stranger in my home land.  NO amount of voting will fix this. 

Edited by LiveOak
  • Like 1

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to come across as the fart in the movie theater. Just throwing out my 2 cents worth as to how current state of affairs hits me. Yeah, I would call if for Trump and he would have my vote as things stand now until I find out what his views are on gun control. We are really dragging the chain drag harrow low over the horse manure at this point. God help us.

• Like 1

• Owner

I tend to agree. The whole government system is broken. No matter who you vote for is corrupt. I think the only cure is the Good Lord's Judgement on man... There isn't anyone in the political system I can trust or would vote for to do his/her job. They all talk big during campaign time and then do the opposite when elected...

• Like 2

This is why I lean towards voting for a non politician. Like our founding fathers. Didn't make carrers in government. George Washington wanted to be rememberd as a good farmer.

We need to FINALLY bring ourselves to learn reality as a nation, people, and culture.  Yes the founding fathers stand like redwood trees among dandelions when put up by our current leaders but we need to unlearn and shed the revisionist history and crap taught to us in our schools are realize that the founds father were MEN.  Flesh and blood men and women who had their gifts, talents, faults, and shortcomings.  Probably all of us especially myself would struggle to fill their shoes and walk in their footsteps. 

Sadly even George Washington fell from path of liberty, freedom, the idea of self governance, and ideals spelled out in the Declaration of Independence when he sent soldiers to put down the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791. The fledgling nation never truly recover from it.  Many of the founders accomplished many great things but they all had their faults as we ALL do.  Among the greatest of the found fathers in my view was George Whitfield.  Were it not for him "the great awakening" would probably never have happened when and how it did bringing a great uniting of the people together inspiring the spirit of the American Revolution.  America today is slowly dying, awaiting and sorely needing such a man as him.   

Few of us, probably myself included truly understand how precious, hard won, so easily lost, and dear our liberty and freedom is. 

Again guys, please don't mind me........I guess I am on a bit of a downer.........my neighbor put a gun to his head and blew his brains out day before yesterday.  We are all at a loss for decent words as he left a wife, 1 teenager in and out of trouble with the law, 2 younger children, and I believe his mother who apparently fighting a losing battle with cancer.  I suspect he apparently must have felt things were so bad that he just threw in the towel. 

In a metaphorical sense something FAR too many have done politically and morally in this nation.   I am NOT pointing a finger.  If I were.......I would have to point it at myself first.  You NEVER know.........stranger things have happened.   Of all the people God chose to carry on his message Paul of Tarsus be one of his apostles (not one of the original 12, in his former life he was known a Saul of Tarsus and famously known for his brutal and relentless persecution of the early Apostles).  Could Donald Trump be than guy???  At first blush I find it beyond skeptical and seriously doubt it but stranger things have happened.  Who knows.........what will happen, it is in His hands. 

Edited by LiveOak
  • Like 1

• Owner

I know this is kind of indirect but... Like my 3 weeks of working this fires around me I got a good clear look at how Gov't works versus local communities. There is a absolute rift between Gov't and local folks and it never goes away. This is because "Gov't is trained and knowledgeable" for said subject (fire fighting) so local information is meaningless because we have Gov't agencies that take care of everything (weather information, mapping, etc.). But when it all comes down the locals knew more about weather, how to fight the fire, roads and trails, etc. Same holds true for other cities or towns there is too much Gov't involvement in our daily life and Federal Gov't needs to go on a huge diet and budget cut. I mean huge!

• Like 3

• Staff

Trump might just be the budget cutter we need otherwise we will end up slaves to the big money loaners, just like having so much credit card debt you can no longer pay any of the principle balance. Then big money lenders own our country, our national parks etc. What about gun control then?, I ask!

It is amazing to me how Obama and Michell can take lavish vacations, taking with them 7 different chefs for meals, spending 200k for two weeks and then not even think twice. We are getting hosed, exploited is all.

• Owner

The national debit is not my problem. I pay my taxes every year. As for keeping a budget I do that every month and ensure all my bills are paid. If that means I've got to make personal cut back to live within my budget I'll do exactly that. Why is it that these dirt rotten Gov't officials get to write on blank checks without consideration of the budget? Same reason why I say it not my fault because I don't live outside my means and don't require a Gov't Hand Out. (No welfare, gov't assistance, social security, etc.)

The problem is these Gov't people need to start living like the rest of the human race and quit spending money they don't have. :mad:  (Stepping down off my soap box!)

• Like 1

I agree mike. Problem is that no party has the balls to address the problem. They won't even stand up to Obama over the Iran "agreement". If it's not a treaty, then the next president can throw it out as fast as its coming in. Nobody is willing to put their fingerprints on obama's policies. Afraid of being termed a racist. Case in point is the illegal immigration issue that Trump brought up. Needs to be dealt with, but people are now calling him a hater and racist. We need someone who will call a spade a spade, so to speak in all issues.

• Owner

We need our tax dollars going to the people that ABSOLUTELY need it. Not giving free health care to every foreign person that makes it across the border. How about me I'm a working stiff that has to pay through the nose for any kind of health care. But heck if I was a illegal alien from south of the border and make it to the US no problem free health care.

I watch all the low life's around me looking for hand outs. Heck unemployment is pretty bad in the Adams, County. I know there is a lot of people on welfare and assistance. For what? Too lazy to get off there big tail end and go to work for a living! Worried more about keeping that damn satellite TV bill paid and food in the fridge. These folks need to be cut off from assistance. Now I know there are some people need help but there are some people that are pure leeches!

• Like 3

You're preaching to the choir Michael. 1/3 of my paycheck disappears every month to God knows where. Before I go this current job, I couldn't afford healthcare, private or O-care. They were going to charge me for not having health insurance in the state of CT, maybe $600....ridiculous. Then I moved to OH, met a lot of good people with the same ideals as my family of hard work, perseverance and God fearing. A good family unit with the right values goes along way. Looks like Moparmom did right by you. What can we, the silent majority do? Our votes haven't counted the last decade. We work, and taking time off to protest or rally would be difficult, not to mention getting conservatives out in the public is tough enough. A lot of family friends and co-workers are prepping. Stock piling food and ammo for the economic collapse of our system. Some are even investing in gold...what's next?    

• Like 1

I also find it easy to be cynical and indifferent about the government.  We really aren't doing things right much of the time... However, here is a quote that I find applicable by Col. Bull Simons (USA) "If history is any teacher, it teaches that when you get indifferent and you lose the will to fight, some other guy who has the will to fight will take you over."

We can't quit.  We have to be as involved as possible, and at minimum we need to vote.  

I personally feel that Trump is a loud mouthed bully with no personal character.  We would be electing Gordon Gekko, aka: "Greed is Good" to office.  I would much rather see Ted Cruz or Dr. Carson get the nomination.  We need smarts, honor, and integrity, not just business cunning.  

• Owner

Problem I see is that there isn't anything that I want to vote for any more. "What's the worse of the two evils?" Answer is they are all evil and don't give a darn. Like even my local government here. I know personally a few of the government officials here in the state. I've seen exactly what happens to a man (or family) after a person is elected into office. No names but I got one up here in my area that I use to work for taking care of their computer and business needs. But he went into office and now he got this arrogance about him as he looks over the end of his nose at you. Not the same man or family any more. He gets his nice salary and doesn't have to do very much if he doesn't want too. Something about Greed and Power corrupts men really fast no matter how good he sounds I'm sure money is involved and his plans will be altered.

Kind of like another tidbit I heard of lately. USFS has been closing roads for decades now up here. I finally heard why. The Gov't pays USFS to maintain roads through the state. USFS figured out that if we just close up all the roads and not list that it is closed we can continue to collect the road maintenance funds. Like on the fire they opened up a bunch of old roads to access the fire then they will spend even more money to destroy the very same roads more so to make sure they are never used.

Worst part is I'm paying for this crap! :mad::nono:

• Like 2