• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys...received my switch assembly on Thursday and installed it yesterday afternoon. Very nice...and the quality build of this device is excellent. 

Each spring I dissable the Grid Heaters as they are not required in this climate...then come fall I forgot what I had done hence; the first cold morning where Grid Heaters would be nice, I must rehook my DC feed to the relays. With this excellent MOD, this aspect is no longer required by selecting the 1st step MPG posistion. Again Mike and the Administration of this site THANK YOU...  :thumb1:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me the maximum dimension needed to get the wiring harness through the firewall? I am going to install a chase through that allows for current and future runs through with ease. Maybe flexible electrical conduit. Long enough to poke easily and catch the end easily too on the other side. 

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
2 hours ago, notlimah said:

Hey guys, rather gen starting another high idle thread, figured I'd throw this here.

Noticed the other day that my switch isn't changing the coolant temp via my obd reader. Anything simple I can check?

New circuit boat design right? So double check the coolant plugs and double check your switch position. If still not working create a support ticket and we'll deal with the problem.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Ok, to check the coolant plug can it just be unscrewed and checked like the IAT sensor?

What's weird is I'm showing it correctly fool the IATs but not coolant. It will also sometimes go into a 3cyl high idle even when not selected.

• Owner

OFF - should be normal IAT and ECT sensors.

MPG - Should fool only the IAT to 143*F

6 CYL - Should fool both IAT to 26*F and ECT to 123*F

3 CYL - Should fool only the IAT to 13*F.

Now you may ask why on 6 CYL doing the ECT and the IAT. This allows for locked 6 CYL continuous high idle. You can get automatic by start the 6CYL mode and then turning the switch to MPG or OFF after the 6 CYL has started to ramp up.

• 6 months later...
  • Owner
6 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

Was installing my new high idle switch and ran into a snag, my map sensor plug is round and the high idle plug is oval. Got any suggestions?

Doesn't connect to the MAP sensor at all. 

Connects to the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) and the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensors. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my kit yesterday.  Plugged it all together this morning.   All went well.. IAT sensor is a bugger to get to.   Tested the switch with my edge juice before starting truck and all iat's changed per switch position.    Selected 3cyl mode fired her up and with 1.5 minutes idle ramped up and then 3cyl kicked in.   Well done guys.   Great quality on the manufacturing of the complete setup too.   Thanks guys

Edited by jimmy97458
Misspell